Well I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 replies to this topic

Posted October 16, 2004 - 12:17 PM

I just picked up a new WR450 from the yamaha dealer. I didn't want a 05' so I'm pretty happy with the 04' :cry: web page web page

• DieselsRcool

Posted October 16, 2004 - 12:21 PM

Nice! :cry:

• tweek

Posted October 16, 2004 - 12:22 PM

Just point and twist for instant gratification! :cry:

• BrianVivian

Posted October 16, 2004 - 02:42 PM

point snd twist...after you take out that damn throttle stop! I did my break-in ride with the stop in there. Good thing for the thumperfaq cuz I would've sold the thing rightr after the ride!

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted October 16, 2004 - 04:00 PM

Cool, nice work. Throttle stop? Whats that? no road plate? :cry: Hey, you'll throw rocks at everything else now! Welcome to the blue side!

Posted October 16, 2004 - 05:28 PM

I did buy the YZ throttle stop. I was told by the dealer to leave in the WR stop until break in is done. Does that sound right to you? Thanks people! Another pic

Posted October 16, 2004 - 06:14 PM

Well too late. I changed out the WR throttle stop for the YZ. I can't believe there is that much diffrence between the screws. Why do they do that in the first place???? Do those Japs have small hands or what to change out that screw? I had a heck of a time! :cry:

• ETP

Posted October 16, 2004 - 06:25 PM

Welcome to blue. Use this forum to get your bike set up right. You will love the 450. Most fun to ride bike I've ever owned. :cry: :cry:

• live_to_ride

Posted October 16, 2004 - 07:31 PM

Welcome to blue. Use this forum to get your bike set up right. You will love the 450. Most fun to ride bike I've ever owned. :cry: :cry:

Whoa... same here! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chipwich

Posted October 16, 2004 - 08:05 PM

Congratulations and salutations :cry:

it's a great feeling, is it not?

Posted October 17, 2004 - 03:08 PM

Well I rode the bike (Very little) with the new throttle stop. What a difference! Does it make a big diffrence when I un-cork it and cut the grey wire too? I have to admit, when I first rode it when it was totally stock it seemed kinda like a dog. Now I'm getting pretty excited! All I have been doing is looking at it in the garage. It's been raining here, I would like to break in the engine before I really start to ride it. :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 17, 2004 - 04:45 PM

Does it make a big diffrence when I un-cork it and cut the grey wire too?

oh yea! :cry: thats alot of exhaust to run through a 1/2" hole!!

• Drtbykr

Posted October 17, 2004 - 05:41 PM

Do a valve cover breather hose mod. Spend $5 or less and put a tee into open air in the line 3/4 of the way up or so.
I have mine done, if I had of done it before I was stuck in 6 inches of mud and crap, I'd have 1400 more dollars than I do now.
Do a search on valve cover breather hose for more info.

• YamahaSteve

Posted October 17, 2004 - 09:06 PM

Kinda brings a tear to my eye.... i remember when my 04 WR was shiny, bright and very clean...

• NewfieWR

Posted October 18, 2004 - 07:58 AM

Uncork it today !!! Leave trhe grey wire alone for now. The uncoking of the beast will suprise you even moreso than the throttle stop :cry:
If you are at sealevel or there abouts...try a 170 main & move your metering needle clip down one position with the cutouts of your airbox removed !!! You will gain about two inches in arm length the first few rides !!!

• jwriott

Posted October 18, 2004 - 08:29 AM

If I buy another WR or YZ, the next thing after the free mods would be to buy a whole aftermarket plastic kit for the bike and put all the original stuff in storage.

Have fun, you WON'T be dissappointed with the power once you've opened it up. :cry:

Posted October 18, 2004 - 09:00 AM

When I brought my new 426 home and rode it for the first time I almost cried. It was a pooch. My roomate that had a DRZ S was giving me so much crap. Then after a couple hours online, and a few hours to do the mods, I'm the one laughing now.

He wouldn't ride behind me because the bike threw so much dirt at all speeds. :cry: But he didn't have much choice....he was always behind me!

Welcome aboard. These bikes kick A$$!

Posted October 18, 2004 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for all the kind words guys! :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 18, 2004 - 12:40 PM

cut it ,cut the wire! yz mapping is much better make sure you pull that snorkel out of the airbox(its gonna take visegrips and a screwdriver to pry with)it will come out! :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.