Hard seat on the XR650 R

5 replies to this topic
  • Ken_Jones

Posted July 17, 2002 - 09:09 PM

What kind of experience with the after-market seat foam inserts do you guys in T-talk land have...? After fifty miles of trail riding, or so... My butt is pretty used up. There are a couple of aftermarket oversized cushions I've read or seen in mags, but need a little input from the experts. What sayeth the bretheren.

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted July 17, 2002 - 06:57 PM

Ken,
I ordered the soft tall foam and seat cover from Baja Designs (Guts Racing)or you can go direct to www.gutsracing.com however, you have to be pretty good with upholstery or it won't look factory. I just ordered a new one from Moose Racing (www.mooseracing.com- they sell a complete seat (standard or tall) for the same price and should receive it next week. It does make a difference on the tail bone, especially when you are too lazy to stand up all the time.

Ride till it hurts

01 XR650R HRC powerup, Scotts stabilizer, Renthal fatbars, skid plate, shark fin, Kiwi case saver,Devol front disc guard & radiator guards,and Acerbis Rally Pro :)

• mwespo

Posted July 18, 2002 - 09:33 PM

My vote is for the Guts tall soft seat foam. I just completed the Nevada 1000 Ironman with this seat and it worked great. I did not get Monkeybutt or sore in that area at all. Of corse I was standing up in perfect form the entire way (Yeah right).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ken_Jones

Posted July 18, 2002 - 05:21 PM

Hey "wespo" so which bike did you put the seat on and ride iron man? You may be a little tougher than me, I'm not sure. Butt I like the sound of tall and soft. Do you feel the added height in the saddle. Which as you stated, we rarely feel really... Ha ha... Where in your area can you ride. I'm originally from Dallas.

• mwespo

Posted July 19, 2002 - 08:22 AM

Sorry, I now have updated my profile. I put the seat on my XR650. It is hard for me to say if the extra seat height was noticable because I really did not ride the bike before I put it on. As far as public riding areas in this area there is not too much. I usually just ride on race weekends when our club (TCCRA)has races. They are usually on private land so it is only open for that weekend.

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: mwespo ]

• Rokatt88

Posted July 19, 2002 - 09:54 PM

Hey ThumpDaddy, Your description of your seat situation and the profile on your BRP leads me to suspect that you just might be a certain riding buddy of mine! How'd you like the Lake Morena goat trails? That mesquite bush's big brother is looking for you! Just call me Sherlock! Late! Rokatt88

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.