XR650 vs XR400

6 replies to this topic
  • fred_durst

Posted July 12, 2002 - 08:08 PM

I am currently trying to decide on whether I am going to sell my uncorked 01 XR4 and buy a XR650, or keep my XR4. I need your guys' help on this one (I cant make up my own mind)

Pretty much the only riding I will do is wide open gravel roads, high speed trails, drag racing other bikes, most of which are 2-stroke 250's, a little hillclimbing and some low rpm fartin around type of riding.

I love my XR4, I can ride it with ease, not a problem there but I think the 650 would be better suited for the kind of riding I do. I am usually behind in drag races, and dont pass till I hit 5th (by the time the race is over :) ) I would be able to do the roads and trails faster on the 650. I think its the all round better bike suited for my riding, what do you guys think. Keep the XR4, or lose it for the big red pig? Thank you!!

• billyj7175

Posted July 13, 2002 - 01:56 AM

If your a horsepower junkie (as am I), get the 650...you won't be disappointed. On the other hand, unless the 400's are really popular up there, or you got a really good deal on yours, you're probably going to lose a chunk of change when you go to sell/trade yours. Only you can decide how much money the extra 30 horsepower is worth...8^)

• texsurfer

Posted July 13, 2002 - 08:00 AM

I do the same type of riding. I'm not into jumping MX type stuff anymore so I like the high speed stuff way better. I love the 650R's ability to spin the tire at 70mph in the dirt. really stable unless you land hard on a jump in whoops. forget about losing money and buy the 650R. if you start racing for money you can earn it back :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fred_durst

Posted July 13, 2002 - 08:42 AM

Hah thanks guys! I will do my best to pick one up!! Later!

• RedThunder

Posted July 13, 2002 - 04:39 PM

If most or all of your riding is wide open stuff, get the 650. The 400 is better in the woods, the 650 is much better for everything else.

And its more like 15-18 more horses over the 400. :)

• RedThunder

Posted July 13, 2002 - 04:42 PM

Oops.....nevermind that sig line.

• Moredesert

Posted July 13, 2002 - 08:16 PM

The 400 is a boy's bike. The 650 is a man's bike. You figure it out. :) :D

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.