Softer Seat for YZ450F

6 replies to this topic
  • OHVrider

Posted October 15, 2004 - 02:17 PM

Has anyone found a softer seat for there YZ450F's? I normally run a tall seat on my KX and KTM, but the YZ is already taller, so I didn't think it would be needed, but not sure if a standard height seat would be any softer?

I like the SDG complete seat on my KX, but its has a lot of foam, the YZ model looks much slimer so I wanted to get some feedback before ordering one?

Thanks,

• bluerider450

Posted October 15, 2004 - 02:38 PM

thats a good question i ride standing up most the time but when i do sit down its rock hard but i dont know anyhting about good seats

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted October 15, 2004 - 03:36 PM

rest assured you will get massive monkey butt if you sit down too much. It's best if you just start doing squats to beef them thighs up.

I once considered getting a pair of mountain bike shorts that had gel butts on them. But I couldnt handle the thought of having a better azz than most of my bunnies so I just started standing up. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrooster

Posted October 15, 2004 - 04:41 PM

Has anyone found a softer seat for there YZ450F's?

http://www.thumperta...960#Post1393960

ps: i had the SDG seat on my bike -- it was harder than stock.

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• John407

Posted October 16, 2004 - 06:10 AM

I put a SDG tall on my 450 and it seems quite abit softer than the stock 2X4 that came with the bike. It was definately worth it for me and my riding style (I don't stand up very much)

• 01yz426

Posted October 31, 2004 - 11:55 PM

Get the SDG, best seat out there.....

• ovrrdrive

Posted November 01, 2004 - 01:16 AM

Dude... Did you just say that your rabbits had nice asses?

:cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.