WR kickstand problem...

6 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted July 03, 2001 - 10:13 AM

Besides the obvious answers of remove it or buy a KTM does anybody have any suggestions on how to modify the kickstand for more heel clearance? I have size 13 feet and my left heel is always getting tangled up with the kickstand.

Does the Ti kickstand tuck-in like a KTM?

• scottannand

Posted July 03, 2001 - 11:04 AM

The "TI" Kickstand from SRG-R is the same overall lenght as stock, and to keep the stand working at the correct angle it can only tuck in as far as the stock unit.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted July 03, 2001 - 11:11 AM

How does KTM get there stand to tuck in so tight? Wonder if I could graft a KTM stand onto my WR....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RetSenior

Posted July 03, 2001 - 11:32 AM

Brian I could tell you but then KTM says in their manual I would have to kill you. Remind me not to go riding with you, I may come back without a kickstand. Sorry to be on your board but couldn't resist a post by Michael and I saw your name. Later

AMA, Dist.36, BRC Lifetime Memberships

• WR_Jason

Posted July 03, 2001 - 11:43 AM

hmmm, maybe wack the spring lug off and mount it 90 degres rotated to put the spring under the stand while it is up? Is it the spring your getting caught up in or are you getting caught while recovering your leg from a kick out catching your bike? If its while kicking, if you get your leg any closer to that back wheel, youll run your foot over!!!!

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted July 05, 2001 - 03:07 PM

My heel hangs up in the kickstand when I'm standing - not usually a problem when seated. I tend to keep my feet back on the pegs more than most people I guess.....

Oh, well - another project to add to the 'to do' list :)

• fremontguy

Posted July 06, 2001 - 08:08 PM

Ah, I couldn't help but notice Brian, but your weakening towards the orange side :) Yes a 400MXC would be the answer to your kickstand dilemma, even comes with the "button". So when's the next Middlecreek or Stonyford ride Brian? Sundays and Mondays work for me.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.