Need XR650R suspension settings

5 replies to this topic
  • FooBarr

Posted July 01, 2002 - 05:15 PM

Anybody got some advice for a good starting point for stock XR650R suspension settings? I weigh 200# with gear and ride the typical dessert whoops and trails out here in Vegas. Right now it seem harsh compared to my old 600.

• Dutch

Posted July 02, 2002 - 01:54 AM

Check out this site - they helped me out

• Ken_Jones

Posted July 02, 2002 - 09:45 PM

Let me know what you find out on the best settings, eh? I'm always looking for more and new info...

Ride on.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Portland_650R

Posted July 03, 2002 - 06:41 AM

I tried Race Tech's settings worksheet also - I don't have their valves, but tried the settings anyway; they worked well. As the bike came from the factory, both ends were far too stiff for the woods.

• Dutch

Posted July 03, 2002 - 07:05 AM

Changing the fork and shock springs to fit my weight and riding style was the biggest improvment to my BRP. The Summers fork brace comes in a close second. The total cost of those modifications is less than a new pipe -

• Moredesert

Posted July 07, 2002 - 08:41 AM

Foobarr, I just got a 650 also and crashed my brains out two weeks in a row on whoops in carson city. I went to stiffer springs but need help also on the settings.

Can someone check where there bike's com and rebound are set at that ride desert. I just can't afford to send everything out for revalve. At least until I run out of opptions with the stock set ups.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.