cam mod

1 reply to this topic
  • av8shunmeckaneck

Posted October 13, 2004 - 10:10 PM

What years and models does the cam mod apply to? I have an 03 wr450 and I all about more power. Tell me more. I have already read lots of threads but I cant find definate information on the year or model that it applies to. Do I need to buy parts? Does it apply to my bike? Someone tell me. Sheez!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted October 14, 2004 - 12:27 AM

The 450 DCM is for the pre 03 models to add the autodecomp feature to an otherwise great bike... it gets rid of the starting drill...

if you want more power for your bike, then you will have to get an 03 YZ cam, and install it with the YZ timing... you cannot easily use your WR exhaust cam and retime it, like was possible on pre 03 models...

HTH,

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.