Baja 1000 prerunning,ride back?

9 replies to this topic
  • Cosmo

Posted October 13, 2004 - 07:13 PM

I have the oppurtunity to race in a buggy this year.I'll be prerunning from Ensenada to (app.) Bay of L.A..If anyone is prerunning and can possibly work something out let me know.Also,I may need a ride back up to Ensenada after I get out at B of LA. As I probably won't go all the way down.

• irondude

Posted October 14, 2004 - 12:01 AM

we will be pre-running Ens to Bay of LA this weekend.
whats your schedule?

• asinine

Posted October 14, 2004 - 08:25 AM

We're still sorting out riding assingments, but I'm 90% sure we will be running Ensenada to BoLA on 11/14.

Slightly off topic, does anyone have an idea on whether a chase truck can beat the race vehicle from K77 to San Felipe?

Jim

• Cosmo

Posted October 14, 2004 - 04:36 PM

I doubt a chase truck could beat the race vehicle to SF.You have to stop for the military check at Three poles,along with traffic.could be close! If I read the race notes right,the course hops onto and off the Zoo road (rm 160 to 169)then towardstown.This would save you a little bit of time,although El Dorado Ranch usually sets up a road block on Zoo road.

• Husky_Forever

Posted October 14, 2004 - 05:02 PM

From KM 77 to SF you would probably get there ahead of him. Providing no flats on your vehicle, no accidents on the Hwy and no back up at both 3 pole military checkpoints. And the Federals aren't running radar that weekend. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cosmo

Posted October 14, 2004 - 08:10 PM

That might work out,(the 14th.)keep me advised? I'm still looking for a ride back up to Ensenada race day/night,next day......

• HOOLPE

Posted October 15, 2004 - 07:19 AM

is your chase truck 4 x 4? you could cut across diablo dry lake. there's another road to zoo that's about 1
mile south of the el dorado entrance.

• asinine

Posted October 15, 2004 - 08:44 AM

Cosmo, I'll follow up once we have it nailed down.

Thanks to everyone on the K77 to SF question. Based on what I'm learning I think it's too close to risk it. Maybe Ojos to SF.

Jim

• Husky_Forever

Posted October 15, 2004 - 09:18 AM

Ojos to Sf is a done deal. :cry:

• mikekay

Posted October 18, 2004 - 06:30 PM

just back from pre-running Ojos to Felipe...

Its the same course as 2002--except at mile 65 or so the course takes a 90 degree left hand turn and goes on to a short (virgin) ranch road for just 3-4 miles-- then it jumps back on to the race course...cutting out 20 minutes or so of 2002's course...hmmmm. very interesting. I wonder if anyone ever cheated by taking that little short cut in the past?
Naw....for sure no one would do that...

Theres some other little changes--like ya miss the Matias wash road--instead paralleling Hwy 3 for a few miles on the dirt---otherwise its all 2002.

Lots of rain in Baja!

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.