Big lights on a yz? Can I do it?

7 replies to this topic
  • surf450

Posted October 13, 2004 - 06:33 PM

I would like to put two big lights on the front of my yz for night riding. Can this be done. If so how much would I expect to pay and where could I find a site that shows how to do it?

• Chipstien

Posted October 13, 2004 - 07:46 PM

YEs it can be done. Check out E-line. their kits have two 100 watt leads. That alot of light. :cry:

• surf450

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:16 PM

whats E-line

• surf450

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:18 PM

never mind just found it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • surf450

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:19 PM

I saw the web site. They look like they are really small. Are there any larger lights?

• mxcowboy

Posted October 14, 2004 - 11:50 AM

Try Baja Designs or ThumperTalk store, They should have the lights you are looking for.

• Chipstien

Posted October 14, 2004 - 04:37 PM

I saw the web site. They look like they are really small. Are there any larger lights?

I am sorry. E-line is where I would get the lighting coil. As for lights, I would get a set of Piaa 80ProXT's, they are about 6 or 7 inches in diameter. You would need to downgrade the bulbs from 120 watts to 100 watts as that is all the E-line coil is rated for. If you are gonna do it.... go for broke. :cry:

• Chipstien

Posted October 14, 2004 - 04:47 PM

Looks like Piaa doesn't offer the 80 Pro XT's anymore. Well just mount these to the handlebars. These are for the desert runners. :cry:

http://www.piaa.com/...ages/40rnd.html

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.