should i go with the 470 big bore kit or stay with the stock 450

22 replies to this topic
  • YZDAD1

Posted October 17, 2004 - 01:02 PM

Correct, same stock length con rod. Usually the longer the rod, especialy when stroking, will give the best overall results. When packaging becomes an issue, piston availability,cam chain length, engine "stack up" heights for oil lines, engine mounts etc. Then you would have to shorten the rod to maintain the stock envelope for installation.........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stumpy

Posted October 20, 2004 - 09:30 AM

Who did your kit for you? Thanks.

I got mine from Eric Gorr www.ericgorr.com It was in the $400-$500 range... can't remember precisely.

• grayracer513

Posted October 20, 2004 - 10:13 AM

The only bad thing is if you want to ride at an sanctioned track they might not let you race in the 250 classes but I beleave that you could race in the modified class.

If you don't tell them, how will they know?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.