Grey Wire - Bryan, Bill, Kevvie

6 replies to this topic
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted July 02, 2001 - 03:54 PM

I know I know,

This issue has been done to death... But, does it really make a difference? Will it make any difference to a bike with a Vortex ignition and YZ timed????

Mitchie

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 02, 2001 - 05:01 PM

Mitch,
The gray wire appears to be exclusive to U.S. bikes. Plus, according to Clark (I believe) the Vortex ingnition DOES NOT ACCOMODATE the gray wire.

So how you doing old friend?

• rob1980

Posted July 02, 2001 - 09:45 PM

It is definately a US bike thing. My WR ignition has the wire coming out of the CDI, but it ends in the first connector, going nowhere.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • David_W

Posted July 03, 2001 - 06:17 AM

:) Grey wires, spark arrestors, throttle stops.

Can a US spec WR move under it's own power when you buy it? :D

------------------
'00 WR400F, YZ Timing, FMF Power Core IV2, Renthal Bars.

• z4me

Posted July 03, 2001 - 06:30 AM

certainly not the 250.

------------------
- Sean

01 WR250F
00 DR-Z400S (for sale)

• marty_mosley

Posted July 04, 2001 - 09:33 PM

How about adding grey wire to technical area so everybody can find it easy ?

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 04, 2001 - 09:39 PM

I'll get some pictures of that sucker for you the next time my fuel tank comes off, which should be in about a week.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.