05 yz450 tripple clamps

11 replies to this topic
  • SkyRyder55

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:12 AM

I am purchasing a 05 yz 450 when they are available to me and I want to make my own tripple clamps. I work at a yamaha dealer and have access to a 04 yz450 for parts duplication, but need to know if the 05 and 04 tripple clamps are identical. ie, same part #. I hate the fact that the top clamps are a fixed mount for the bars. :cry:

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:16 AM

they are the same size, but I dont know if they are the same part number.

Dont make your own, buy some aftermarket ones.

• SkyRyder55

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:37 AM

I am completley capable of making my own. I want to copy the RG3 style. I will be using 7075 T6 aluminum and a CNC mill. I have the proper tools and knowledge. but thanks for the input.

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:45 AM

hmmm all that knowledge and equipment and you dont even know if the clamps are the same size? :cry:

juz kiddin cuz, good luck.

• OHVrider

Posted October 13, 2004 - 09:25 AM

Sky,

While your at it, make a four post rubber mounted top clamp that will take a Scott's dampener as well. :cry:

I'm getting a RG3 for my YZ, and have been looking into a front fender mount kit for the Scotts.

I'm sure you could make a lot of extra $$$.

Cheers,

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted October 13, 2004 - 10:26 AM

hey thats a pretty good idea. my 450 is just on the edge of being swap happy at wot, and I need to raise the forks in it to get some tighter cornering. I would have to get a damper to do it.

See if you can make a fender mount for one too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OHVrider

Posted October 13, 2004 - 10:28 AM

Scott's already has a fender mount kit.

• slappie

Posted October 13, 2004 - 11:22 AM

Just to continue the "if you make it, I'll buy it" idea.

Make a Scott's mount for the Pro-Taper Rubber Mounted clamps as well. The angled bolt design on the bar hold down clamps is something Scott's hasn't made a mount to fit.

I'll pay you good $$$ to make one and I'm sure others would too.

• OHVrider

Posted October 13, 2004 - 01:47 PM

I saw RC has a street bike style dampener mounted behind his plate. I'd really like one like that, so people can't see it. Good theft deterent, and if your buddies can't see it they won't know its there.

• sjwr450

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:41 PM

Just wanted to mention something on the Scotts/ RG3 thing. The clamp from their triple clamp does in fact match the RG3 (old ones) hole alignment. Scotts has a specification on their website. I have it bolted to my 250 right now. That's correct a RG3 upper triple with a Scotts dampner on it. BUT before everyone get's all wet, the area where there is a problem is the two mounts closest to the rider on each side hit the pin for the damper when turned. RG3's have such a wide spread on the bar mounts that the turing radius is affected. Now I grinded mine. I would not recommend it long term, but I have a race this weekend :cry:

• Sparky_So_Cal

Posted October 14, 2004 - 06:38 AM

I contacted RG3 and asked them to send a top clamp to GPR, they gladly did it and GPR is designing a system which will bolt onto the RG3. Ralph (pres of GPR) is doing the final design review I am going to purchase one.

• SkyRyder55

Posted October 17, 2004 - 09:00 AM

ok, so enough about me building other styles of clamps and adapters, are the o5 and o4 top tripple clamps the same part #? :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.