Lowering a 98 WR400

2 replies to this topic
  • kevin1209

Posted October 13, 2004 - 06:35 AM

I need some direction on lowering a '98 WR400. I love the bike, but I'm 5'-7" and it sucks when I'm on the trails and have to stop on the downhill side. For you taller people, that equals falling over. I need to lower the bike so I can touch the ground comfortably. Can anyone help? Is this mod possible, or am I screwed? BTW, I'm 31 years old, so my growing days are over.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevin1209

Posted October 13, 2004 - 08:13 AM

I've done some more searching and heard of a "scooped" seat that allows you to sit almost 2" lower! :cry: :cry: Does anyone know where I can find one of these seats? I'm still checking around, but I like getting feedback from everyone else as well.
I don't want to make permanent changes to the bike, because when I sell it, the next guy will probably be taller than me.

• R_Little

Posted October 13, 2004 - 09:32 AM

I had MX tech revalve and lower my 00 wr 30mm. The difference is really noticable. It feels like a 125 now.
I bought a set forks and a shock off ebay and had it lowered for trail. I switch back to the other suspension for MX.

Even with the lowered suspension, I can only bottom it in the woods while jumping big water bars, so it's a win/win on the trail. I would not ride MX with the lowered suspension though.

MX-tech lowered it for about $75 each end with a suspension service.

You can also lower the seat foam a touch and file out the subframe holes to get the seat a little lower still.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.