2004 WR 450, broken chain bent shifter lever shaft, oil leaked out

2 replies to this topic
  • fishwar

Posted October 12, 2004 - 04:19 PM

On a 2004 WR450 does anyone know if you can replace the shifter lever shaft and shifter shaft oil seal without splitting the cases? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted October 12, 2004 - 05:56 PM

Well, I have torn down a few bikes and the shifter shaft slid out from the clutch side, but it required removing the clutch basket. I assume its the basic same deal, but it may not be either. I bet you could look at the part exploded veiw from the Yamaha site and determine.

• fishwar

Posted October 13, 2004 - 02:49 PM

Thanks Toyoda, your right the shift lever shaft can be replaced from the right side cover and removing the clutch. I was sweating it. I thought I had to split the cases. Thanks for the info.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.