Front rim cracked

No replies to this topic
  • pressurefreak

Posted October 12, 2004 - 04:16 PM

While changing my front tire last week the night before going up to the fall color tour here in northern Mi. I noticed that my rim was cracked completely across and with almost complete penetration. What a bummer :cry:, I took the wheel off of the bike and took the rim and had a friend weld it to get me through the weekend. He did a tig reverse ac weld and it looked terrible but it held up and got me through the ride a little out of round, but considering the alternative- not riding I was happy with it. Has anyone else had this happen? this was a DID rim. So it looks as if Im going to get an excel 21in over the winter for the front.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.