ICO Dualsport

3 replies to this topic
  • 600ish

Posted October 12, 2004 - 03:05 PM

I have been looking at the ICO Dualsport Speedo/computer and I'm looking for some opinions on this unit, or any other quality units out their without breaking the bank.

• mikekay

Posted October 12, 2004 - 09:15 PM

I run both the Touratech IMO R50 Rallye and a ICO Rallye. Both are fantastic.

The R50 has the advantage that it will run on either AC or DC and is unique that way. Both have similar functions. The internal battery of the other ICO units (40+ hours) is also one way to go.

Either way consider a magnetic bolt for the disc instead of the old style magnets w/ epoxy.

The much cheaper Trailtech didnt last 6 months for me. Others have had similar failures--although not everyone.

I bought my IMO from Cycoactive--they where awesome. Baja Designs helped out big time on the installation and power sources--again kudos to them!

hope that helps. feel free to pm me if ya have more questions....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 600ish

Posted October 13, 2004 - 02:51 PM

Hey Mike thanks again for the info. How did the weekend in the Desert go? How is the Dakar prep Going? Take care man and I'll PM you soon with a few questions I have about running V2R next year. Walt

• mikekay

Posted October 13, 2004 - 05:05 PM

V2R went well until mile 268 when i sucked a valve...

fun, and easy race. BITD does a great job on that one (and all their others)

Dakar prep is going well. Other than the skidplate and back up wheels i am done. It is one very trick bike. All black and silver. Dual everything....I am now prepping the T-4 chase truck. its a stretch -- i am not a truck guy -- but i am getting the hang of it. Internal roll cage, custom shell, dual bilstein 7100's, 4.5" DR lift, custom fuel tank, Mastercraft seats/harnesses, UMP filter, 315's and soona cool rack inthe back to carry the 25 spare wheels, 2 spare engines, tools, gear, parts, etc. etc...

I will ride I5 to baja and then ironman the 1000 (using Pemex stations--NO PITS!) then ride home on my dakar bike: early December i drive to the east coast with the bike in the truck and it all gets strapped on to the top of a fast freighter to France--then driven to Barcelona for the start...i'm tripping like a jackrabbit on the back 9!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.