DRZ - S Head Pipe VS. DRZ - E Head Pipe...Does E Produce More Power???

7 replies to this topic
  • wynn

Posted October 12, 2004 - 01:40 PM

I have a 2004 DRZ 400s with a CHM Pipe on it. I'm being told that if I were to put on the "E" model head pipe, it would produce more power. Is this true? There saying the "E" model has a bigger diameter which will produce more mid to top end. Please give me your thoughts on this.

• Z4You

Posted October 12, 2004 - 01:56 PM

your CHM Pipe must be a slip-on, if so a E h-p will not fit it! but a E h-P is a better starting point then a S h-p for sure! so with that said I think you should Buy A Full System Yosh or just ride it til you dent it then buy a Full System from of any brand from the TT Store Good Luck :cry: :cry:

• psych_ward

Posted October 12, 2004 - 03:06 PM

the 400e pipe is to short to fit the drz 400s, I know because that was the first system I recieved from the dealer. I had it all on and wham like 1-2 inches short of the mid pipe to the head pipe :cry: I put the right system on and am thrilled with it. Full yosh and jet then air box is the way to roll before doing things like cams and bigbore stuff :cry: :cry:

• wynn

Posted October 12, 2004 - 05:44 PM

My CHM is a slip on but it goes all the way up to the collector. CHM makes a pipe for the E and and pipe for the S. The only difference in the two is the size of the collector opening. The E is a bit bigger.

It doesn't make sense to me that the E would be shorter then the S from the motor to the mid pipe....it's the same engine. :cry: My buddy works for CHM and he said he would take my pipe back, cut off the collar, and re-weld the E collector on if I find out that it will perform better with the E head pipe.

Will it perform better???
Is the E head pipe really shorter then the S head pipe???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eddie Sisneros

Posted October 12, 2004 - 05:57 PM

the E head pipe is the same length,but 3mm larger.

does make more power.

imho even the E head pipe leaves alot to be desired.

• wynn

Posted October 12, 2004 - 06:24 PM

Thanks burned.........you the man! :cry:

• Thumper1984

Posted November 04, 2005 - 04:39 PM

Hey, i just bought a US 2006 DRZ400S, will the 05' exhaust systems fit a 06' ?
Also, will a E model headpipe fit on my 06' S ? more power ?? :banghead:

• Neil Claydon

Posted November 04, 2005 - 05:06 PM

The "E" header pipe will as Burned has said fit, and should make more power, and is a fairly easy mod.
You will have to find (or make) an adaptor to join the two together.
I am using an FMF PowerBomb header (bigger bore than either the "S" or "E")
This has been used with the following to date, standard "S" silencer, this made a marked improvement to performance, next I drilled the end plate on the standard can, no improvement but sounded more like a motorcycle.
Then a Leo Vince Titanium slip on system followed, this was very noisy and made very little improvement to power, in fact it lost some in the lower rev range. I then fitted a decibel killer, this gave some bottom end back without affecting top end.
After bending the Leo Vince system I obtained a nearly new (10 miles) exhaust from an "E" (from a fellow TT'er, thanks Darrenp1), after making a sleeve to make it fit the 41 mm diameter FMF header (Alloy bar, bored to 41.1 mm and 47 mm diameter on the outside to fit the "E" can) I find that over all it performs better than the Leo Vince, which was a pleasant surprise, but not what I was expecting.
The header will give a better power gain than a slip on in my experience.
I think that the "S" system in the states is a more open exhaust than the UK "S" (Burned would be able to confirm this) and I would expect that on a nearly stock DRZ (just the 3x3 and D/Jet) it is probably all you really need.
Neil.

:banghead: :banghead: :lol:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Nevada

MY BIKE WAS STOLEN LAST NIGHT…. 9/1-2/2014 Las Vegas. by ARMRD X

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Southwest
  • 12 replies
Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DRZ400SM fork springs? by Ladyeclectic

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2013 by hondajon80

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2013
  • * * * * -
  • 14 reviews
  • Last review by orundle
  • On September 19, 2014
Forums
Photo

Wheelie discussion by Chubs604

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  136 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.