question about repair....

2 replies to this topic
  • motocross15_3

Posted October 12, 2004 - 11:07 AM

how much will it cost to get a hole fixed in the casing my chaing snapped and put a hole in the casing a small one but i think there is internal damage too not positive though because when i pull the clutch in the front sprocket wont spin it jams so if anyone has an idea of what the repair cost would be, could u tell me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted October 12, 2004 - 11:48 AM

You're talking about splitting the cases. To have a dealership do it, you're gonna get a big bill....someone help me out here, maybe $4-500 labor? Then, you'll need new gaskets, fix any damage inside, new case, and oh, by the way, since you have it all apart, might as well throw in a new piston, rings, valve job, bearings, cam chain, clutch (?), etc. etc. It's just easier and cheaper to find a good used motor and swap them out (if you find one you can trust).

• yz426onNOS

Posted October 12, 2004 - 01:27 PM

You probably got metal in the crank case. You need to completely re-build the motor and a new set of cases. Plus a complete gasket kit, I’d also throw in new rings at the bare minimum. Also I’d replace all the seals. What year bike do you have and how many hours are on the motor. You can save a lot of money by doing the work your self. If your not sure how I’m sure a fellow T.T.’r will be glad to help you out.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.