Acerbis Rally Brush Guards?

4 replies to this topic
  • XRider

Posted June 13, 2002 - 05:38 AM

Has anyone had any experience installing the Acerbis Rally Brush Guards on a set of fat bars? I wish I would have purchased the Rally pro's with the aluminum bar instead. They look much easier to install.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

• Portland_650R

Posted June 13, 2002 - 07:24 AM

I smacked a couple trees with them and they held up fine - actually better than the plastic-encased-aluminum ones I used to run on my XR250. No broken fingers either.
:) Mac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RedThunder

Posted June 13, 2002 - 09:40 PM

If I remember right, I don't think the mounting hardware that comes with the Rally guards is made to work on fat bars. The clamp that goes around the bar isn't big enough.

• hourout

Posted June 13, 2002 - 11:49 PM

i think when i used have them i had to ask for the pro taper mounting kit.

• billyj7175

Posted June 14, 2002 - 03:17 PM

I have the rally pro's and I like them a lot. My buddy who had the rally's (plastic), broke both of them last pro's (with aluminum) are holding up find.
My last set of Moose barkbusters took a beating and never broke at fact they were still on the bike whenever some jack*ss stole it...

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.