race fuel question

1 reply to this topic
  • ColoradoJim

Posted July 02, 2001 - 07:49 AM

with my recent problem with backfiring. I discovered it was bad fuel.. I drained the tank and put in fuel from another station and VOILA! it runs like it is supposed to.My dealer said alot of guys are running 50/50 race fuel to help combat this same problem of poor fuel quality in our area.. Has anyone tried this>> Let me know...Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaCazi

Posted July 02, 2001 - 10:29 AM

Racing fuel is one way to go if you got plenty of extra bucks to spare, You can save some bucks by adding 5 Ounces of 104 Octane plus and 2.5 ounces of Sta-bil to 5 gallons of premium gas and get the same effect for a fraction of the cost. 1 bottle of 104+ Octane Booster will treat 20 Gallons of fuel and the Fuel Stabilizer will keep your mixture fresh for a month or so if you don't use it up.

Good Luck...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.