Suggestions for a good riding jacket

10 replies to this topic
  • craft

Posted October 11, 2004 - 08:57 PM

I'm looking for any suggestions on the best enduro type jackets out there. I'm looking at Moose's XRC. Anything else I should consider? I'll use it for about 70% road and 30% off...Thanks in advance.

• BRP27

Posted October 12, 2004 - 02:20 AM

Joe Rocket makes a nice jacket. Elbow, back and shoulder pads with flow thru mesh for hot weather and a zip in liner also. There a are a couple of pockets. I ordered mine thru a local shop

• cheff

Posted October 12, 2004 - 06:36 AM

First gear also makes one like the joe rocket. All mesh with a liner for chili weather. They are both excellent jackets that feel almost like wearing nothing.

• BrianVT

Posted October 12, 2004 - 10:48 AM

I bought the '03 Impact and love it. I think those are gone.
They've still got some deals here: http://www.motorcycl...ut=1&Division=2

• Desertskyy

Posted October 12, 2004 - 08:52 PM

I and a few buddies of mine wear the Joe Rocket Ballistic 4.0 jacket for most of our off road riding. Comes with a zip out liner, elbow, back and shoulder pads plus plenty of pockets.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted October 12, 2004 - 09:02 PM

I also have a Joe Rocket, but it's the ballistic 3.0 and I like it a lot when the weather cools down. I was planning to buy a few more jackets as Christmas gifts and came upon this listing on eBay. The SpeedRag GMS jackets don't look too bad for the $59 price, but I've not seen them in person to know how nice they really are. Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...7927921035&rd=1

• craft

Posted October 16, 2004 - 04:50 AM

Thanks for the input...The Impact looks like the best one for me. The bad thing is Acerbis relocated to Salt Lake City since they merged with Scott USA and it appears that's put them behind schedule a bit. A few shops have said they're not getting their '05 jackets until Dec., and all the '04's in my size are gone. I'll make due until then.

Thanks again for the help. :cry:

• tirebiter

Posted October 16, 2004 - 05:35 AM

I've had my Moose XCR jacket for over two years now, wouldn't even consider anything else.. :cry:

• roadcam

Posted October 16, 2004 - 08:13 AM

... hmmm, I seem to be seriously out of fashion in my Carhart canvas coat ... and I'm not even a carpenter ... no wonder I can't seem to go fast

• damnplumber

Posted October 17, 2004 - 06:41 AM

if you want the best thats simple...Aerostitch...also the most expensive

• BWB63

Posted October 17, 2004 - 07:50 AM

I have a Hein Gericke Hi Dry....It's water proof, wind broof, the liner zips out, has fore amr, sholder and back armer inside. I got it on sale for %60 off at Chaparral for $99..I bought it because it is red and black:LOL:
Chaparral Jacket

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.