Pop-up canopies???

8 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted July 02, 2001 - 02:41 AM

I have an old canopy and would like to upgrade to a "pop-up". I could use it for riding and at the BMX track, when my boy races.

What are you guys using? I heard Sams Club has the EZ-Up for about $125????

Thanks
Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• mcarp

Posted July 02, 2001 - 05:26 AM

Hey Bill-

Let me know if you want to sell you're old pop up canopy. I need something for camping :)

Thanks, Mike C

• Flamed1

Posted July 05, 2001 - 05:47 PM

Bill,
I picked up a 10x10 Quick Shade made by Variflex and have no complaints. It was about the same cost as the EZ-Up and I really like the fact that the top braces are rigid and are not like the tent pole type. They also have plenty of accessories available such as side panels and screens. I would buy another one. Check em out.
Brian

------------------
Life is nothing but a game.... he who has the most fun wins!

• Bill

Posted July 18, 2001 - 02:43 PM

I bought a EZ-Up from Sams club for $199. It is 10' x 10' and come with three velcro on walls, four stakes to keep it put and a very nice carry bag that has wheels on it.

It take longer to take out of the bag than it does to set-up. I would highly recommened one.

Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • weekendtoy98DR

Posted July 18, 2001 - 04:14 PM

Yup,just what Bill above said it works great.

• MOmilkman

Posted July 19, 2001 - 03:46 AM

Originally posted by Bill:
It take longer to take out of the bag than it does to set-up. I would highly recommened one.

No doubt! Why couldnt they put 1 extra inch slack in the bag! Im still trying to get the bag on when everyone else is ready to go.

------------------
Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

• GNCCYZ400

Posted July 23, 2001 - 01:59 PM

Bill,

I got one from Lowes for $179.00. It works great, but don't leave it alone when it's raining. Mine filled up with water (where the material "sags") and colapsed the frame. I replaced all the bolts (all bent) and fixed the "rods" (also bent) and it worked fine this weekend at Budds Creek.
Happy hunting,
Jeff

------------------
'98 YZ400F
'01 YZ250F
'98 CBR600F3
VCHSS
NCHSA
GNCC
DIST. 7,29 (mx)
4 STROKE B

• Bill

Posted July 23, 2001 - 02:45 PM

Jeff,

For another $20, you could have gotten one with a steep pitch on the roof, carry case w/wheels, stakes and the three walls.

My homemade deal kept us dry at the Morganton GNCC but, I was tired of setting it up.

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• bender647

Posted July 24, 2001 - 05:04 AM

I have an EZ-UP Dome model 8 x 12? for
roadracing. About $200 retail.

Its pretty easy to go up. Ez to come
down too. Not for use near rain or
wind. In the first year of use I had
to repair it every time I used it.
Welded the broken scissors braces, taped
the splintered poles, the torn canopy.
It does invert when it rains and when the
wind blows.

The more expensive models are better,
but the other brand with the braced poles
seems to hold up better.

-Ken

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.