I need new suspension!! for and 85 xr600

1 reply to this topic
  • Jmv400

Posted June 06, 2002 - 08:58 PM

We are looking to redo the suspension on the XR600 i sold my friend. If anyone has a reference online, it would be greatly apreciated. Always looking for a good deal on the web. I would greatly aprecaiate suggestions and/or places on where and how to do this task. we need to replace both the front and rear suspension. Thanks a bunch--mudslinger--

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pbgunrunner

Posted June 07, 2002 - 06:31 PM

Howdy, I've had great luck with the setup on my '96. The front end is a Showa upside down fork system from a cr500. I used everything including the clamps from the donor bike. Other than having to make a shim to take up a bit of space under the bottom bearing, it was strictly bolt on. I also suspect the Showa's offer less rake than the stockers because the steering seems much quicker than it was before. I had the stock rear shock worked over-I believe both White Bros. as well as valvetech still do this kind of work- look in the back of a Dirtbike mag and you'll find several shops. I told them what I needed to do, and they did it. The total bill was less than $150 as I recall and I got a new spring to boot (I'm a big guy). Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a pic. Good Luck! -Chad, hjort@winco.net :)

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: pbgunrunner ]

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.