ridin w/indy

16 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted October 11, 2004 - 12:09 PM

hey dan,really enjoyed ridin hatfield mccoy with ya,it was nice to ride with someone that can keep up with me! :cry: really liked your ohlin shock when i rode your bike,it actually felt like it was doin sumthin positive unlike the stocker which now that i have somthing to compare,it seems equal to steaming dog dookie! i was not too impressed with the section we rode (browning fork) seemed too quad oriented,and there were too many sections of trail that were covered in oily slime (constantly just sliding)maybe there are better trailheads to try next time. the people were nice and the whole dang town lets you ride your bikes anywhere you want! :lol: as long as your not out of control the cops just wave at ya! :cry: my buddy ralph says hes got black lung from the coal dust! i figure if you ride fast enough you don't have to worry about dust :cry: well anyway look forward to ridin again soon :cry: :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 11, 2004 - 01:39 PM

Yeah that was a good time. :cry: Especially your 5th gear wheelie thru the town of Man! :cry: I would have to agree with you on the trails being very quad oriented. I prefer the trails at Redbird and S-Tree area's of the Daniel Boone forest in Kentucky. For everyone out there that is going to Hatfield McCoy I recommend the Twin Hollow campground and ask for the tent site on top of the mountain! Primo view, great facilities and you are right on the Rockhouse/Browning trail system. I think that 2 wheel drive WR450 is the way to go for some of those wet slick loose 45 degree rock climbs! :cry: If it were dry it would have been a lot easier on the black trails. :cry: Glad to see you guys made it back. I think there is better riding closer to NC and TN then having to go in the middle of nowhere WV. :lol: I have to plan to come down in November and ride before you get snow in the mountains. Run some dates past Ralph! Thanks for planning the trip! :cry:

• ddialogue

Posted October 12, 2004 - 06:29 AM

...Especially your 5th gear wheelie thru the town of Man! :cry:

Sounds like old NC and I would get a long great! :cry: :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 12, 2004 - 07:47 AM

Hey Dave, you would really like riding with NCMountainman. He has the rekluse clutch set up like yours and loves wheelies & nasty rocky hill climbs! I am trying to get him to go out to Moab on the next trip! :cry:

• ddialogue

Posted October 12, 2004 - 09:05 AM

Hey Dave, you would really like riding with NCMountainman. He has the rekluse clutch set up like yours and loves wheelies & nasty rocky hill climbs! I am trying to get him to go out to Moab on the next trip! :cry:

S W E E T!! N7SLC and I are going to try and spend a week next time (arrive on Monday and leave on Saturday.) We always come away feeling like we should have ridden more while we were there. :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 12, 2004 - 02:05 PM

Hey Dave, what about hitting Moab late next March? Like March 30th to April 3rd? That way I can meet up with you guys on the way back from Baja! :cry:

• ddialogue

Posted October 12, 2004 - 03:06 PM

Hey Dave, what about hitting Moab late next March? Like March 30th to April 3rd? That way I can meet up with you guys on the way back from Baja! :cry:

Indy...get those tire balls ready for Moab!! :cry: We've tentatively set aside the last week in March for our next ride. If we can go the entire week it will be March 28th-April 2nd. Otherwise, we'll go March 30th-April 2nd.

Funny, I'm having some serious deja vu here...didn't I say something similar back in April for our October ride? :cry: :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 12, 2004 - 03:53 PM

OK count me in from March 30th on in Moab! :cry: I would love to break up the drive from Baja with 4 days of Moab! :cry: Got to love it! :cry: Moab has got to be the off road Mecca of the world! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • N7SLC

Posted October 12, 2004 - 06:38 PM

Just imagine, NC and DD pulling double wheelies, top gear 70mph down
the freakin' Potash road! S W E E T!!

Just to echo what Dave said, I also feel like we never get enough
riding in when we leave Moab. Next year, I want to be SOOOO sore from
about 400-miles in Moab... :cry:

I wanna ride so much that I gotta change the oil when I get home...kinda like Indy :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 12, 2004 - 07:16 PM

It is an addiction!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: 400 miles at Moab will take 4 days!! :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 13, 2004 - 03:23 PM

sounds like i'm gonna have to start bein nice to the wife around feb. (ya maybe start out with a valentines day surprise) and if i could keep from screwin anything up till then, it could happen! i'll sure try like heck :cry: :cry:

• jwriott

Posted October 13, 2004 - 04:33 PM

Damnit, you guys are killing me here. I tried hard to get out there a week ago with you guys but just couldn't get the time off. We always head to Moab the end of April for the car show. If I try to meet you this time, I'll be there 2 times in less than a month. That would suck for me, huh?

Dan, did you ride his lightened WR? If so, I'd like your opinion of how it feels.

• ddialogue

Posted October 13, 2004 - 04:36 PM

Yeah it sucks to be you! :cry: :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 14, 2004 - 07:19 AM

Dan, did you ride his lightened WR? If so, I'd like your opinion of how it feels.

it feels 23 lbs lighter :cry: he rode it but our bikes are set up so differently(those 36" apehangers were killin me!) we switched back after about 1/4 mile,he did mention it felt lighter though.

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 16, 2004 - 06:13 PM

Hey John, It was obviuously lighter it felt like a YZ450 with the WR cam! We were running high speed ATV trails so I could not really test it it tight single track. But the weight difference was noticeable. Most of the weight Bob has taken off is located high on the bike. I will be back riding with him on tight single track in November. I will post the opinion then for all to know. :cry:

• jwriott

Posted October 16, 2004 - 06:53 PM

If he comes to Moab in the spring, I may coax a ride out of him anyway. :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 17, 2004 - 10:21 AM

If he comes to Moab in the spring, I may coax a ride out of him anyway. :cry:

no problem!! you can't hammer it any worse than i do! :cry: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.