XR650L - best Air filter

3 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted October 11, 2004 - 11:56 AM

What's the bset air filter for on and off road usege. I bought a "TwinFilter" from BikeBandit and I was surprised what I got. It' looks just like a foam cover that goes over my standard paper filter. Do you oil it or just use it plain. Help

• mountainrider

Posted October 12, 2004 - 02:47 AM

I am using an Uni pod filter and it seems to work great.Do not ride off road much though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beer_studd_76

Posted October 12, 2004 - 07:21 AM

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 12, 2004 - 09:09 AM

The K&N works well. Grease for sealing is critical.
It will let water right through- will a foam stop water?

Anyway, that's only an issue if you submerge the bike. Which I did. In november. Almost in the dark. Lets just say, always bring your plug wrench.

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.