stock yz450f tires?

5 replies to this topic
  • bluerider450

Posted October 11, 2004 - 11:08 AM

do any of you guys still use your stock tires "dunlop d739 and d739f" i dont like mine i think they hook up like crap and was woundering what you guysthink would be a good intermediate tire? :cry:

• cloute

Posted October 11, 2004 - 11:14 AM

the stock ones I got are D755 :cry:

• grayracer513

Posted October 11, 2004 - 11:17 AM

The 739 is listed on Dunlop's web site as a tire suitible for hard pack to blue groove. My experience indicates that the front is a fairly good road racing tire, but anything softer than dry clay is pretty much out of the question.

I don't know what the dirt in Michigan is like, but for a good versatile setup, use a Dunlop 756 or a Maxxis IT on the rear, and a 756 in front. If hard pack is common where you ride, you can use a 742 in front instead. It works OK in medium soft stuff and does better than a 756 on really hard dirt.

773s are better if your playground is mostly soft to intermediate.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluerider450

Posted October 11, 2004 - 11:41 AM

yeah the dirt here pretty soft on the trials iv been riding im a new rider and its hard for me tokeep a line going witgh thoughs tires other then that i here people talking bad about them on the trails but other then traction im not having hany problems

• undrdog

Posted October 11, 2004 - 04:27 PM

The first thing I replaced, was the font with a 756. I just ordered a 756 for the back, along with a maxxis IT to compare. I myself dont care for the 739s either. Grayracer is right on the money !!

• bluerider450

Posted October 11, 2004 - 09:37 PM

sorry im new but whats blue groove and let me know what you like better with the maxxis and the 756 tires so when i decide to make a switch this winter :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.