Supertrapp question

6 replies to this topic
  • utah_nate

Posted June 05, 2002 - 05:54 PM

When I purchased my XR6, it came with a disc style Supertrapp exhuast with a solid end-cap. For the time being I cannot afford to buy a "quieter" can.....What is the least number of disks that I can run? What effect will this have on jetting? Thanks....NATE

• RedThunder

Posted June 05, 2002 - 06:16 PM

I wouldn't run any less than 8. Using any less really doesn't quiet it down all that much, plus you'll start to strangle power.

• litng1

Posted October 25, 2007 - 12:14 AM

So the more disks you run the more you are opening up the exhaust?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted October 25, 2007 - 04:36 AM

I wouldn't run any less than 8. Using any less really doesn't quiet it down all that much, plus you'll start to strangle power.

I have also found this to be the case. Yes, more discs open the exhaust more, also more exhaust noise.

• Owyhee

Posted October 25, 2007 - 05:44 AM

I used to have a Supertrapp on my old XT600. No matter how many discs I ran it was loud. One weekend I popped the rivets off the can and looked at the packing material.

There wasn't any--it was all blown out.

Some new packing material, screws, and I could run 8-discs pretty quietly compared to previously.

"O"

• Denn10

Posted October 25, 2007 - 10:02 AM

thats a good idea "O" i might have to look at my WB E2 now im running like 12 disc but id like to change it a bit when im in my hunting areas so ima look to see if my packing is toast too.

• martinfan30

Posted October 25, 2007 - 12:04 PM

thats a good idea "O" i might have to look at my WB E2 now im running like 12 disc but id like to change it a bit when im in my hunting areas so ima look to see if my packing is toast too.

i just looked at my e2 . after 3k miles it still has most of the packing.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.