Jetting for XR650R. 68S and 175 main?

8 replies to this topic
  • BIGGITY

Posted October 11, 2004 - 08:41 AM

I'm running the 68S/175. That is what I have been hearing from most XR650R riders works the best. Now would that be the jetting for a uncorked 650R w/ stock pipe and headers?

I have a FMF Ti-4 and the Powerbomb Headers. Would I need to adjust my main jet differently. I saw the jetting chart on the Pig Pen website and it says to jump up two sizes on the main jet if you have a aftermarket pipe and header. So should I be running a 180 main?

Lastly the fuel screw norm is 2 1/2 turns out right?

Thanks in advance for your help :cry:

• frankstr

Posted October 12, 2004 - 04:40 AM

I'm runnin 68s pilot,172 main,fmf Q and I'm at sea level or 220feet above seems to run great there :cry:
I think the 180 would be to rich........

• KeithBoyd

Posted October 12, 2004 - 12:52 PM

Just wanted to say...excellent avitar!!!!!!! :cry:

• motomajor

Posted October 12, 2004 - 03:06 PM

i just finished trying to rejet my brp. i have an fmf core 4 with spark ar and with a pipe. i live in salt lake city at an altitude of around 4500'.....it's been uncorked. i have a 165 main and a 65s pilot. didn't know about the 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw..i'll do that !!! thanks. man this brp hauls ass!! i have an 02 mxc 520..so why the 650? i guess for mexico!!! take care..pablo :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jws

Posted October 12, 2004 - 06:14 PM

open up the airbox and try a 178 main :cry:

jeff :cry:

• Old_Man_Time

Posted October 12, 2004 - 08:02 PM

First of all I have found not all 650R's are alike. Use what works as far as jetting goes. What works for one bike may not work on yours. Buy a hand full of jets starting with a 168 to a 180. Then do some of your own testing. The real test is when your climbing for an extended period of time at slow speed and then grab a hand full of throttle. If it boggles and sputters before it takes off your toooooooooooo rich.

• motomajor

Posted October 20, 2004 - 03:40 PM

I GUEWW I SHOULD BE MORE PRECISE ABOUT THE JETTING ON THE BRP. IT HAS A 65S AND A 165...AS FAR AS I KNOW THE NEEDLE CLIP IS AT THE STOCK GROOVE. IT HAS A FMFPPOWER CORE Q. I CUT OUT THE END OF THE EXHAUST TO MAKE IT THE SAME DIAMETER AS THE EXHAUST TIP. HOW DO ICHECK (REMOVE THE NEEDLE AND CHECK THE POSITION OF THE CLIP?) BEFORE I DID HTIS I THOUGHT IT RAN WELL...STARTED RIGHT UP...STILL DOES BUT I HAVEN'T RIDDEN IT LATELY. JUST STARTED IT IN THE GARAGE. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF THE DOGS!!! SURE SOUNDS BAD TO THE BONE. A PUN!! SHOULD I JUST CHANGE THE PILOT TO A 68S AND THE MAIN TO A 175 AT THIS ALTITUDE? THANKS. :cry: :cry:

• motomajor

Posted October 20, 2004 - 03:49 PM

I GUESS I SHOULD BE MORE PRECISE ABOUT THE JETTING ON THE BRP. IT HAS A 65S AND A 165...AS FAR AS I KNOW THE NEEDLE CLIP IS AT THE STOCK GROOVE. IT HAS A FMF PPOWER CORE Q. I CUT OUT THE END OF THE EXHAUST TO MAKE IT THE SAME DIAMETER AS THE EXHAUST TIP,2". HOW DO I CHECK (REMOVE THE NEEDLE AND CHECK THE POSITION OF THE CLIP?) BEFORE I DID THIS I THOUGHT IT RAN WELL...STARTED RIGHT UP...STILL DOES BUT I HAVEN'T RIDDEN IT LATELY. JUST STARTED IT IN THE GARAGE. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF THE DOGS!!! SURE SOUNDS BAD TO THE BONE. A PUN!! SHOULD I JUST CHANGE THE PILOT TO A 68S AND THE MAIN TO A 175 AT THIS ALTITUDE? THANKS. :cry: :cry: FORGET THE ABOVE....HOPEFULLY THIS IS A BETTER THREAD. :cry: :cry:

• motomajor

Posted October 20, 2004 - 04:03 PM

THANKS FOR THE INFO...I HAVE AN 01...I'M IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO UNCORK IT. I HAVE THE FMF POWER CORE Q..I CUT THE END OUT OF THE END CAP AND MADE IT THE SAME DIAMETER AS THE EXHAUST TIP 2". THERE IS A 65S AND A 165 MAIN IT IT. THE CLIP I ASSUME IS STILL IN THE STOCK POSITION. I THOUGHT IT RAN WELL WITH THE 125 IN IT BUT IT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS TOO LEAN. THE PLUG LOOKED OK,HOWEVER I PUT THE 165 IN ANYWAY. I LIVE IN SALT LAKE..4500' ALTITUDE. WADDAYA THINK? :cry: THANKS

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.