Need new Wheels fast

3 replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 12, 2000 - 06:08 PM

Everyone I need help, I went riding with my friend and his new ktm, and it wouldnt start so I let him ride my back up (xr600) and he hit a rock the size of a watermelon and both rims have huge flat spots. Can any one recommend a shop that can build bulletproof wheels, I will use my old hubs, but want super tough rims and spokes. Send me in the right direction. Or tell me what set up works best.

• Boit

Posted December 12, 2000 - 06:45 PM

Here's a shop advertising in Cycle News: Wheel Works, 12787 Nutwood, Garden Grove, Ca. 92640. 714-530-6681.

Another source might be White Brothers. I have a set of their wheels on my 426. www.whitebros.com 714-692-3409 in Yorba Linda, Ca.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mrmtm

Posted December 12, 2000 - 08:17 PM

contact buchanan spoke and frame.they are the best. they are now in azusa ca. .super tough rims,spokes,nipples.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 13, 2000 - 09:27 PM

You can reach Buchanan's at www.buchananspokes.com or phone at 626.969.4655. It's possible that the wheels can be straightened, if not they stock Excel & Sun rims & make Stainless spokes in house. In the future, raise the tire pressure when ever you loan out your bike. With tire pressures as low as is fashionable these days, Joey Dunlop's principle of pneumatic tires is totally deflated! ;-))

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.