• WEET

Posted June 01, 2002 - 10:54 PM

Who makes the quietest muffler I would like buy one for a XR 650 R ED spec

• Keyser_Zoze

Posted June 12, 2002 - 05:42 AM

Originally posted by WEET:
Who makes the quietest muffler I would like buy one for a XR 650 R ED spec

Hands Down.

The best exhaust with the most power and the least decibels is the FMF PowerCore IV Q-Series.

Case Closed...

P.S. The WB E-Series makes the most power from Idle to Redline, though.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted June 12, 2002 - 06:19 AM

If you have the stock pipe get a WB Hot Tip for $45 from rockymountainmc.com. I put one on my 600 and prefer it over the previous Supertrapp, plus it is only 2 dB over stock. WB claims a 6 hp gain over a stock XR600 end cap. It is definitely worth the 45 bones in my opinion, spend that extra $250 on some Gold Valves!!! :)

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted June 12, 2002 - 06:21 AM

Sorry, I thought you had the 650L, disregard previous post. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bajajoaquin

Posted July 02, 2002 - 01:59 PM

When you say that the most power is the WB e-series, is that the Pro-Meg or the S-bend?

• Wolfgang

Posted July 02, 2002 - 02:53 PM

Hey r4sbergXR600, does the WB HotTip slip into the stock exhaust until it's flush, or does it stick out? And does it use the same screws that are in the stock exhaust baffle to hold it in? Thanks, Mike

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted July 02, 2002 - 06:22 PM

I believe it uses the stock screws, I bought my stock exhaust used and it didn't have the endcap so I bought some to fit. Fit is excellent, it is a tip that sticks out about 1.5". Made of aluminum and looks very nice. Best of all, it is quiet to keep the granola munchers off our backs :)

• Danco

Posted July 03, 2002 - 02:46 AM

I cut out the stock core as explained on XR650.net using a 2" hole saw. This removes the restriction but keeping the spark arrester. Looks good, great power and sounds awesome. Not too loud at all. I really can't justify an aftermarket pipe now.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.