Setting rear Sag XR650R

3 replies to this topic
  • BRP27

Posted October 10, 2004 - 01:40 PM

I am trying to set my rear sag at about 95mm (3.74 in). I am at 127mm (5in). I took the sub frame off and turned the adjuster on the spring on the rear shock in (compressing the spring) 1 1/2 turns on the spanner nut. I thought that would be close. No way, I am still at 127 mm. How many turns in should I try next? This is the fourth time I have had the sub frame off trying to get the Sag set. It takes 1 1/2 hours to dissasemble and reassemble, measure. :cry:

Here are the boring details 175 lbs rider
622mm (24 1/2 in)Free height
495mm (19 1/2 in)Rider Sag
Rear Ride Height Sag 622 - 495 = 127mm (5in)

I would like to get a lot closer on the next try. Any words of wisdom on this Sagging question? :cry:

• YZRIDER1127

Posted October 10, 2004 - 02:19 PM

Why are you taking off the rear subframe? Dont use a spring wrench, just use a hammer and a punch or chisel/screw driver with a rag over it. That save a lot of time just be careful and make sure it doesnt slip off and damage you threads. To get mine to ove an inch i had to go four turns but i was going the other way. So i would say go 4 and see where your at. But you should n't have to take off the subframe, and that makes it a lot quicker and easier to meassure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BRP27

Posted October 11, 2004 - 08:55 AM

It's so buried behind the air box I didnt think you could get at the nut. I will give this method a try.

• BRP27

Posted October 11, 2004 - 04:30 PM

Man that was easy. Did not look like you could get in there but you can. Thanks for the tip

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.