Need a part and some info. XR650L

1 reply to this topic
  • mountainrider

Posted October 10, 2004 - 12:52 PM

I need a left side crankcase cover for a XR650L.Has anyone made or know where you can get a right footpeg support that fits closer to the bike.I am wearing my footpeg off in a hurry.The left side is alright but the right side looks like it should be on some other bike. Honda must have had some left over and decided to use them on the l models. I fixed the side stand so it will not touch down anymore.It was touching down so hard it was putting dents in the swingarm.I had already cut it down for the 17 inch wheels so I cut some of the stop off so it would swing higher up.Worked great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoChris521

Posted October 11, 2004 - 06:30 AM

Can't help you with the sidecase(try e-bay ?)but the right footpeg mount is like that because the frame is the old XR600R design.The space is for the kickstarter when it bottoms out.I thought is was pretty lame of Honda not to design another mount for the L. :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.