BD's Sual Sport Kit

6 replies to this topic
  • soloyosh

Posted May 31, 2002 - 07:14 AM

Anyone have problems with the rear turn signals on the kit? My right rear seems to rub on the number plate. I thought of using a spacer to move the signal more rearward, but then it ends up resting on top of my Yosh slip-on. As I bought a new rear fender for the installation, I was thinking of mounting the signals to the steel bracket that holds the forward part of the tail-light assembly on. The signals would be canted upward, but out of harms way. Any other ideas?

• billyj7175

Posted May 31, 2002 - 10:13 AM

I've got the same problem with mine...but after I get my "brake & lamp" inspection, I'm going to flush mounts...that way they are REALLY tucked in out of the way even though not totally legal. It will also give me two spares for the front

• billyj7175

Posted May 31, 2002 - 10:15 AM

speaking of "brake & lamp", might I ask where you got yours done?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • soloyosh

Posted May 31, 2002 - 10:19 AM

Most dealers can do it. Also Service Stations that have those State of CA Gold Shield inspection signs can sign it off. As a last resort goto your local Police Dept as they can sign it off too.

• XRider

Posted May 31, 2002 - 11:02 AM

I have a pipe that would not let me use the brackets that came with the kit. I drilled holes on the side of the rear fender as far forward as I could and mounted through those holes. It seems to be holding up well.

• billyj7175

Posted June 01, 2002 - 05:35 AM

Did you all require purchasing the actual "brake and lamp" certificates? Or just fill out the forms that are included with the BD kit?

• XRider

Posted June 03, 2002 - 04:16 AM

I filled out the Statement of Facts that came with the BD kit and had a police officer friend of mine sign off on them. The lady at the DMV who did the registration said that I could not have a police officer sign off on the Statement of Facts. She tried to find where it stated it in the DMV bible and was unable to. As a result, she said that she would go ahead and do it :) I don’t know if I got lucky or if it can be done like that.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.