XR's Only exhaust?....any feedback?

5 replies to this topic
  • billyj7175

Posted May 31, 2002 - 06:40 AM

XR's Only claims 13 ft/lbs of torque, and 11 hp gain over stock with their pipe.
Can anybody back this up?

• RedThunder

Posted May 31, 2002 - 08:35 AM

No way, no how. Wanna know how they can claim this? First they run a bone stock bike on the dyno. Then, they do all the necessary uncorking, and instead of using the HRC tip, they slap on their pipe. Then they do a dyno run, lo an behold they bike makes 13 more horses and a truckload more torque.

It'd be my guess that their pipe probably is like every aftermarket pipe.....not all that great over stock, especially considering the cost.

Kinda like my E-Series. The dyno chart that White Bros. supplied it with showed an increase of like 3 or 4hp (if I remember right). In the DIRT BIKE pipe shootout, the E-Series is good for just about 1hp on top end over the hop-up insert. I suspect that what White Bros. does is test the bike with the uncorked intake mods, but with the stock exhaust tip, hence the bigger gain.

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: RedThunder ]

• soloyosh

Posted May 31, 2002 - 09:13 PM

Anyone seen the dynochart for Akropovic's full system. Theyre showing 45hp stock and 50hp with their system. Torque looks very good as well. Comparing their stock run it looks like my deresricted XR with the HRC tip. I doubt anyone has heard of Akro, they're known for their street stuff. Worth a look though.

Here's the link...
http://www.akrapovic...cing/chart.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billyj7175

Posted May 31, 2002 - 10:07 AM

hmmmmm the akropovic pipe looks a lot like a fmf powercore IV.....

• joao_pedro

Posted May 31, 2002 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys! I'm goig to tell you about a test in a offroad prestigeous magazine that compared several mufflers in the 600 xr a couple of years ago: WhiteBros, procircuit, Arrow, Javi & original muffler. and what was the conclusion? the original muffler developed, except for the excessively noisy White Bros,the best numbers in torque and power, this without that little extractable silencer that xr's posseed! Amazed ?
special mufflers generally work for weight loss and esthetics !
Nice rideing for you all
JP (aka MADDOG) :)

• RedThunder

Posted May 31, 2002 - 12:55 PM

joao....

Which White Bros. pipe was it? The E-Series or R4? The test in DIRT BIKE a few years back had the E-Series making a little more than stock up until the upper mid range (where it equaled stock), and then making about 1hp more and revving out more than stock. The R4 had a less impressive looking power curve.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.