Question, Power up kit

6 replies to this topic
  • Moredesert

Posted May 30, 2002 - 06:55 PM

I installed the power up kit on my new 650. Everything went will but when I had the carb apart and the main jet out then the needle seat fell on the floor. I picked it up and put it on the table right next to the new one. Later when I went to install it I couldn't tell which one was the right one. (Dumb Ass) :) After looking at both I installed it one with the bigger hole. Does this sound right to you :D It seemed like the logical choice.

• Jim_Scheide

Posted May 31, 2002 - 02:52 AM

Hey Mike...if you're powering up it's a larger jet, so you should be fine.

• Moredesert

Posted May 31, 2002 - 06:44 AM

Thanks, I'll see how this big boy runs this week end.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRider

Posted May 31, 2002 - 11:05 AM

I could be wrong. I was thinking that the new needle is thinner to enable more fuel to pass by thus needing a smaller hole to seat in?

I could measure my stock needle seat that I removed and compare with the one that you left out. Let me Know.

• Moredesert

Posted June 05, 2002 - 02:54 PM

I sent you a PM, but if you could measure your old needle seat I could tell if I have the rong one in or not.

• Moredesert

Posted June 12, 2002 - 06:33 PM

Well here we go again, I did all the mods except change the pilot jet. I took it out last week end and ran fine but noticed back firing when I backed off the gas going down hill. So I went to install a 68 pilot jet and I noticed the I lost the plug to the vacuum port on the manifold. I'm going to give it another try before I change it.

I put the White Bros pipe on and it sound sweet. Thats how a real motorcycle should sound. :)

• bigred650

Posted June 22, 2002 - 07:22 PM

how much are the power up kits and where ca u get them

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.