'85 xr600

5 replies to this topic
  • MX35

Posted May 30, 2002 - 01:36 PM

lookoing at a 1985 xr600 w/ street title for dual sport. Any input on this model? Good or bad?

• Moredesert

Posted May 30, 2002 - 06:57 PM

Go for something newer. I think that model had 2 carbs and rear drum brakes.

• XR6's_rule

Posted June 01, 2002 - 06:35 PM

Go for a newer model if you can afford it. The 91' onwards models had much better suspension and brakes. If this bike is in good condition though and suits your budget go for it! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpster

Posted June 01, 2002 - 06:57 PM

If memory serves me correct my '84 XR500 had twin carbs. The bike never gave me any problems however that was about 15 years ago... It depends on parts availability, asking price vs. prior use of the bike, low milage etc.

Some times the money we save on an older machine is spent 2x trying to keep it going. Just my 2 cents worth.

• freestyle111

Posted June 01, 2002 - 09:01 PM

my buddy rides 84 xr500 he bought it new.he dualsports it ,he rides it on track and he commutes to work on it in summerive never seen this bike break down.it probably has around 70,000 miles on original motor i know he put a set of rings on it about 4 yrs ago.i know hes rode it from bay area to mexico 2 or 3 times.there it is bike in the middle Posted Image

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• joao_pedro

Posted June 02, 2002 - 12:58 AM

Big bore XR's are really indestructible,hum? I have a 91 XR 600 and it's also rock hard.
Think like this :
You want a roch hard bike = buy an XR, but the bike durability in your hands will be bigger the more recent the model is! That's Logic...

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  57 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.