wont run worth a crap

2 replies to this topic
  • thumper245

Posted October 09, 2004 - 11:42 AM

I just pulled off the smog junk and put in a 158 main jet and left in the stock pilot jet. It seems to run good till about the power starts to kick in then bogs down till it almost dies. Did I use too big of a jet? That is the one that is recomended here and by the locol shop. I did not mess with the idle or anything else. I have a Uni air filter, and pulled the baffle out of the stock pipe. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Xr650LMartin

Posted October 09, 2004 - 01:13 PM

Did you remove the snorkel on top of airbox?? If not that would probably be problem! More fuel needs more air!!

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 12, 2004 - 09:02 AM

You really need to do all the mods as a set-
snorkel, sir filter, pilot&main jets, shim the needle, drill the slide.
The CV carb is very sensitive to changes in airflow, so its best to get to the 'known good' baseline.
158 should be rich enough foe the stock pipe&baffle removed.

Dave

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.