wh;y does it keep leting me down?

2 replies to this topic
  • hourout

Posted May 27, 2002 - 03:29 AM

along with the horrible starting after a dump that has cost me races. yesterday at mile 7 of the enduro wile blasting past two 2-smokes my right peg and rear break broke off. there for ending what seemed to be the best race of my carrer. i was jumping past two guys that where taking the long way around a 2 to 3 foot dirt pile and where stalled so i took the jump to pass them. the landing was flat ground. i didn't bottom but all the bolts snaped off. :D whats with that :D has this happened to anyone else? :) i have to get the bolts out of the frame somehow now :D another stupid design. they should have welded the the peg mount like the left side! :D i don't get it! what should i do to stop this from happing again! i did notice that the bolts require regualer tighting and i haven't checked that in a couple of rides. my falt :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Harley_Guthery

Posted May 27, 2002 - 08:33 AM

A friend of mine had his peg bolts break off also the biggest problem we had with his is that we never found the peg. To remove the broken bolts from the frame we drilled them and used and easy out. The reason this peg is bolted on is so you can remove the engine more easily. Good Luck

• hourout

Posted May 27, 2002 - 05:29 PM

thanks. i should have stoped for the peg but i tried to race the eduro with one. stupid me i should have accepted the defeat then. now i have to by a peg and break pettel. did your friend use lock tight to stop them from comming lose? i have thought about it. later :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.