Xtra washer when taking carb apart. XR650L Need diagram

8 replies to this topic
  • 4WheelingPlus

Posted October 08, 2004 - 09:29 PM

Does anyone have a diagram of the 2004 XR650L carb that they can scan in and show me?

I've got it all apart to add the DynoJet kit and it seems there is an extra brass washer (very tiny) that came out of the carb somewhere. :cry:

Any help is appreciated.

- Ron

• Old_Man_Time

Posted October 08, 2004 - 09:44 PM

I am not familiar with the XR650L's carb but did you have the air fuel mixture screw out? If so it could be the washer that goes in after the small rubber O ring and before the spring. Just a guess. :cry:

Try this link to service honda. They have parts breakdown diagrams so you can order the parts. http://www.servicehonda.com/

• budinsac

Posted October 08, 2004 - 09:49 PM

Try bikebandit.com for xrl carb diagram. I wasn't too thrilled with the dynojet setup(25mpg!!!). Way too rich. I have settled on 155main, 55pilot, slide drilled and needle shimmed .030" with stock muffler... Atleast until my Edelbrock shows up. I don't remember seeing a small brass washer in the dozen or so times I've had my carb apart... Maybe at the base of the idle mixture screw?????

• tirebiter

Posted October 09, 2004 - 04:12 AM

Could it be the washer that goes under the needle clip?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • InChanWeTrust

Posted October 09, 2004 - 04:13 AM

did it look like the first pic of this series? If so, I had the same prob when rushing through my 01 xr650r.
Chan

Link:
http://www.thumperta...true#Post978803

• 4WheelingPlus

Posted October 09, 2004 - 07:47 AM

I am not familiar with the XR650L's carb but did you have the air fuel mixture screw out? If so it could be the washer that goes in after the small rubber O ring and before the spring.

What does this make? About 6 times you have saved my rear or helped me out with excellent advice! You are right on. It was the washer below the idle mixture screw.

The bike is back together and except for a lttle bogging at first throttle it goes very good.

Thanks!
- Ron

• 4WheelingPlus

Posted October 09, 2004 - 08:04 AM

Try bikebandit.com for xrl carb diagram. I wasn't too thrilled with the dynojet setup(25mpg!!!). Way too rich. I have settled on 155main, 55pilot, slide drilled and needle shimmed .030" with stock muffler... Atleast until my Edelbrock shows up. I don't remember seeing a small brass washer in the dozen or so times I've had my carb apart... Maybe at the base of the idle mixture screw?????

25MPG? I certainly hope I get better than that! I was getting 40MPG stock, then 35MPG after de-smog, UNI-air filter, removed air box snorkel, removed exhaust baffle, and went to 13T/50T sprockets.

I am impressed with the DynoJet so far... but I have only spent about 10 minutes on the bike. I can totally feel more power from mid-full throttle. Of course I was after more low-mid throttle power but I am hoping that I can fine tune my set-up and get the low end throttle response I want.

I'm going to start a new thread with these details in hopes of getting more advice on what to do to the carb/bike next to get my throttle response back.

Thanks for the link!

- Ron

• 4WheelingPlus

Posted October 09, 2004 - 08:11 AM

Could it be the washer that goes under the needle clip?

It was the washer that goes before the spring on the fuel/idle mixture screw. It stayed in the hole when I removed the fuel/idle mixture screw to grind off the tab. When I let the carb hang from the throttle cable the washer fell out on the ground.

Thanks for the reply!

- Ron

• 4WheelingPlus

Posted October 09, 2004 - 08:30 AM

did it look like the first pic of this series? If so, I had the same prob when rushing through my 01 xr650r.
Chan

Thanks for the pic. My washer was much smaller. I hope you figured out where yours goes. :cry:

- Ron

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.