Who rides in the cleveland Cleveland NF

25 replies to this topic
  • XRider

Posted May 30, 2002 - 10:03 AM

Kari and Mike

I rarely see other riders as well. I guess that we are all going at different days and times. I really don’t have any set times that I ride. Just whenever I get a chance or when I get spontaneous. My wife does not ride. She wants to get into some sort of riding. She is on the not so tall side (4'-11"). I thought that she could try a Yamaha TT125 or the new Suzuki DRZ125 or one of the other bikes in that class but, I do not think that she would enjoy it when you go to Glamis or Dumont. We do go there with my family quite often. For that reason, I thought that I should get her a quad. The only down side would be that she could not go on rides up in the forest with me.

It is great to hear that there are other riders out there that live so close. I often hear thumpers cruising down Citrus over by my house and wonder if they are heading up into the hills.

Greg

• CTD

Posted May 31, 2002 - 09:26 PM

Are these trails only open to dual sport bikes or can I ride my 380EXC there? If they're open to all bikes where are the trailheads?

Scott

• XRider

Posted May 31, 2002 - 10:59 AM

You must have a street licensed vehicle. Looks like a good excuse for a Baja Designs Kit!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kari

Posted May 31, 2002 - 04:21 PM

Greg,
If your wife wants to start riding, i HIGHLY recommend the Honda dirt bike course in Colton. It is only like $85 or so for a whole day, worth every penny. Ask secretatlas, a kindergartner can do it (and they do, too!). Also, they have XR100s for her, it is a cute bike. Just make sure she either does it at night or wait until the weather cools off in the fall. It is horribly hot out there.

I don't like riding in sand at all, so I doubt I'll ever head out to Glamis. Also, i am afraid of the wild partying/violent atmosphere out there that I always read about in the paper. Drunk rednecks scare the hell out of me!!!

• XRider

Posted June 03, 2002 - 04:27 AM

Kari

Thanks for the tip. I think I will check out the course today. I love for her to be able to try out a bike to see if she will be into it before I go out and spend big bucks on one.

• bajajoaquin

Posted June 19, 2002 - 04:02 AM

Moving back up the reply line: The trails you guys are talking about in the Corona area of the Cleveland Nat'l forest; are these clearly marked on the National Forest Map, or do I need some other way to find the trail heads? I'm street licensed, so that's no worry.

Also, does anybody ride in the southern part of CNF? I'm in San Diego, and the only two places I know off hand are Pine Valley and Corral canyon. Any others?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.