Moose Fender pack... Blue or Black ????

20 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted October 08, 2004 - 09:09 AM

Which would you pick? I dunno, if the blue matches to well but....

Anyone have a preference? Care to talk me into it too? :cry:

Thanks
Fryboy

• ddialogue

Posted October 08, 2004 - 10:23 AM

Haha! I have the blue one and I like how the color matches. One TT'er watched one of my helmet cam videos and asked what the black straps were on the front fender; that's how well it matches!

Get the blue if you plan to stay on a Yamaha. :cry:
Get the black if you plan to go with any other bike. :cry:

Heck, they're only $20...Get one of each! :cry: :cry:

• Fryboy

Posted October 08, 2004 - 11:07 AM

:cry: I hear ya. I ended up getting the Black. I dunno why, I have the matching blue fanny pack but didn't think it was the same blue. Hmmm and you say its that close? Oh well, thanks for the suggestion. I just couldn't make up my mind and I had won it on ebay. Dude asked which I wanted, heck I dunno?

Fryboy :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted October 08, 2004 - 11:23 AM

I have the blue one and its perfect color, in fact, the nylon plate that bolts to the fender fits the coutour perfectly also. I think they engineered it for the WR to begin with. Get it, you wont be dissapointed!

• MxnDoc

Posted October 08, 2004 - 06:37 PM

Dave where is the best place to purchase a blue one from? The net ? A dealer?
Bob :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted October 08, 2004 - 07:51 PM

Dave where is the best place to purchase a blue one from? The net ? A dealer?
Bob :cry:

Bob, let not your heart be troubled, I have your answer. try Dennis Kirk and in the RH side, under "keyword/part #" type in the number 501433 if you want blue, or 503101 if you like black. Also Cycle gear has them. They are made by Chase Harper, but the exact same one that sais Chase Harper on it is about $5 more, for for a $5 savings, get the Moose® one. I will put up a picture of my new scooter with it installed in "blue" and you see if its for you. The color is almost a perfect match, but it appears not to be int he picture, but this is just the way the flash reflected off of the cordura nylon vs the new Yamaha shiny plastic.:cry:
Posted Image

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted October 09, 2004 - 01:38 AM

I bought a blue one after seeing the picture toyota posted above a month or so ago...

As he said dennis kirk has them BUT Thumpertalk store has them for about 8 bucks less! Here's the blue one, if you want another color you'll need to email or call the store for the part number.http://shop.thumpert...oductCode=M-127

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 10, 2004 - 09:18 PM

I dont recommend them for fast off road riding. OK for dual sport toruing. If you get in whoops or rock gardens it will blow apart if you put tools or anything of weight in it. :cry:

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted October 10, 2004 - 09:21 PM

hmm, thanks I'll keep that in mind.

I still haven't gotten around to putting mine on yet lol

Posted October 11, 2004 - 05:34 AM

I'm sure that all depends on what you put in it. This might sound stupid but I carry (On a snowmobile) a small first aid kit, reflective blanket (Very small), pain killers, matches, candle, and a tampond. Laugh all you want but a tampond works GREAT for starting a fire, just dip it on your gas tank, and then put it in the middle of the wood that you wanted to get started. Presto you have a great fire starter! All this stuff will fit in that bag great! There will not be much weight at all. Just something to think about :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted October 11, 2004 - 06:58 AM

Not to mention, the Moose fender pack also has a strap inside of it to secure your tool pouch. Now if you have lose tools in there, it may tear up. If its in a pack, secured, it should last a real long time. These are made of that cordura nylon, super water resistant and strong.

• MxnDoc

Posted October 11, 2004 - 07:15 AM

Thanks mucho for the info. !!!! :cry:
Bob

• Treebark

Posted October 11, 2004 - 09:37 AM

Posted Image

Man that bike is clean do you ever ride it? Wish mine still looked that clean.

• Gadsen

Posted October 11, 2004 - 11:28 AM

Man that bike is clean do you ever ride it? Wish mine still looked that clean.

Yes, ridden it twice since new now, got it pretty dirty both times, but I'm picky about cleanliness when it comes to machinery. So it still looks just like it did in the picture. I find its easier to keep it looking nice than to let it get banged up and filthy, then try to make it clean looking again later. All my bikes look this clean, even the 2 classic Honda trail 90's, and I have a small fleet! :cry:

• chipwich

Posted October 11, 2004 - 02:21 PM

That is a beautiful WR, for sure. But toyota_mdt_tech, how the heck do you get your damn leg over that tool bag? I'd rip something important if I had to do that on a regular basis, but then I'm not as flexable as I used to be. :cry:

Posted October 11, 2004 - 05:58 PM

That is a beautiful WR, for sure. But toyota_mdt_tech, how the heck do you get your damn leg over that tool bag? I'd rip something important if I had to do that on a regular basis, but then I'm not as flexable as I used to be. :cry:

That's easy.......... He is 6'8" 160 lbs :cry:

• Gadsen

Posted October 11, 2004 - 08:38 PM

Well, at 6'0", 205lbs, a grandpa 3 times, I have no trouble at all. Its a "soft bag" and it will collapse. It was just new so its "memory" has it sticking up. It already sets much flatter than that now. :cry:

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted October 12, 2004 - 12:30 AM

where do you get those? I think I'd like to try one out on my WR

• Fryboy

Posted October 12, 2004 - 08:16 AM

I'm sure that all depends on what you put in it. This might sound stupid but I carry (On a snowmobile) a small first aid kit, reflective blanket (Very small), pain killers, matches, candle, and a tampond. Laugh all you want but a tampond works GREAT for starting a fire, just dip it on your gas tank, and then put it in the middle of the wood that you wanted to get started. Presto you have a great fire starter! All this stuff will fit in that bag great! There will not be much weight at all. Just something to think about :cry:

That is a great tip!!! I never thought about the tampon deal. Nice and small but effective :cry: Might even help light wet or damp wood. :cry:

Fryboy

• Fryboy

Posted October 12, 2004 - 08:21 AM

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the tip. I agree with the others, your bike looks sweet. I like the graphics kit and the overall shine of it. You musta just got that bike heh? Coulda swore you had a 2001 WR426. :cry:

That isn't the particular fender pack that I got. I got the lower profile one that goes on the front fender. I definately would kick that rear one off. I am not that limber :cry:

Fryboy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.