650L cold starts??

1 reply to this topic
  • Xr650LMartin

Posted October 08, 2004 - 05:00 AM

I tried to start my L this morning and I had a hard time! I applied full choke, two primer shots and hit start! I started right away but stalled 2 mins later! The only way to get it started again was to pump 3 primer shots and it would only run for 10 secs as if it was only burnin the gas from the primer shots I gave! I pumped like 15 primer shots and with WOT it started and I revved it a little to keep it from stallin. Its pretty cold here (35 F) Could it be oil im usin?? Did that happened to anyone??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Xr650LMartin

Posted October 08, 2004 - 09:28 AM

OK ok I found what was wrong!! There was to little gas left in the tank and a lot of condensation formed in due to drastics temp changes! I managed to start it and it bogged all the way to gas station, Filled it with premium and it runs like new!!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.