Carb tune settings for JD kit and FMF-Q pipe?

1 reply to this topic
  • MxnDoc

Posted October 07, 2004 - 09:30 PM

Could anyone give me some feed back on the recommended settings (main jet, pilotjet, accel-pump needle position) for a '03 WR450F with a JD kit and FMF-Q pipe at 1500' to 2500' feet? any advice is appreciated.My current settings are below. :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 08, 2004 - 03:58 AM

You are there. You may want to run the main down to a 165. I go to the 170 for winter riding. Note that air box mods lower your main jet! If you cut out holes or increase air intake capabilities on the airbox and run a twin air filter your main will need to drop. If you are not cutting out at 3/4 to full throttle before hitting the rev limiter your 170 main should be fine. Put a 72 starter jet in for the fall and winter. makes life easy starting the cold bike. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.