02 426 wont start hot..new to strokers

Hello,

New to the 4-stroke thing here...i have an 02 426 and it is a great bike when it runs..my biggest problem is starting after it is hot...I have done the carb mod and the blue wire trick and cleaned the carb a few times and always keep a clean filter..It runs like a striped ass ape and startes on the first few kicks when cold..But when shes hot you might as well have a 12pack and watch a ball game because it does not want to re-fire..i have tryed all the tricks on starting..But the bottom of my foot just turns black and blue..Any help would be great..Thanks

Welcome to TT...

Sometimes the hot start (the red button on the carb) can be a hindrance... sometimes I just start it without the hotstart... But I have the 450 cam in my bike, so I just kick it until it fires... Try not to touch the throttle at all when starting, hot or cold...

Good luck,

David

Maybe a little more info would help too. Like where are you in altitiude? Has it always done this or is it a new problem? Has the temperature changed recently (getting cooler)? Fresh Plug? Type of gas? Have you adjusted the fuel screw? Do you adjust it daily? Thanks

I have a hard time starting my 02 426. Runs good cold, put if I drop it in a turn/or crash, the bike wont restart. Runs good for about 10minutes then its tries to die in the low rpm range. I've ridden 2-strokes for 20yrs and have only had this bike a month and think its time to get rid of it. I'm tired off kicking this ungrateful mule! Good Luck!

?

I have a hard time starting my 02 426. Runs good cold, put if I drop it in a turn/or crash, the bike wont restart. Runs good for about 10minutes then its tries to die in the low rpm range. I've ridden 2-strokes for 20yrs and have only had this bike a month and think its time to get rid of it. I'm tired off kicking this ungrateful mule! Good Luck!

?

Sounds rich to me, turn the fuel screw in a tad. These things are very reliable starters once you learn how to do it. ?