I need a horn kit to dual sport my wr426

3 replies to this topic
  • swamprunner

Posted October 07, 2004 - 06:12 PM

I'm try to do my own dual sport kit. I got everything I need for my state except a horn kit. I tried the one from four strokes only but it doesn't work well enough...Can't hear it over the exhaust. So has anybody put together their own kit for a wr426? I need a horn that will work with alternating current...b/c I don't want a battery. Any suggestions on how to do this or info on where to get one would be greatly appreciated. I've search but cant find anything.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted October 07, 2004 - 08:43 PM

Easy, go to Radio Shack® and pick up a "personal alarm", it looks like a egg shaped key ring with a pin you pull to makes a 105DB noise. Just open it up, remove the pin switch and hook in to wires, run those to your own button, walla, you have a push button horn with its own self contained battery. Tape it somewhere secure. I cant take full credit for this, I got this idea and did it myself from another TT'r

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted October 08, 2004 - 07:40 AM

Try Emgo Good stuff there

• captain_S

Posted October 08, 2004 - 12:35 PM

I used a 9v push bike horn whitch comes wired up to a push button,though i also wired mine to the handle bar switch to save clutter,sounds odd but it`s legal :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.