Clarke 4.3

2 replies to this topic
  • billyj7175

Posted May 20, 2002 - 03:40 PM

I ordered a Clarke 4.3 tank for my 650R, to only find out that it doesn't fit my 2002 model. Apparently Honda must have changed the position of the thermostat housing, as it contacts the tank on the right side. I double checked Clarke's listing, and it showed only 2000 and 2001 models.
Anybody else ever ran into this problem?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billyj7175

Posted May 21, 2002 - 05:31 AM

I found out what my problem is. The california 650R models have some smog equipment, and it is actually what is in the way. I sent some pics to Clarke, and they are going to modify their mold, so that their tanks will fit all models, California's included.
Just in case you all didn't already know this, you will need a smog block off kit (I got one for $35 from Applied Racing) if you have a CA model, and want to run a bigger tank.

• XRider

Posted May 21, 2002 - 09:10 PM

I recently added the Clarke 4.3 on my 650 and I love it. If there was one thing that I had to complain about, it would be that it feels like the front end wants to push more in the soft stuff with the added Lbs of the fuel.

I feel that clarke would be wasting time and money by remolding the tank to fit the Cali model. I don’t know anyone who has kept the smog stuff on anyway. I have a Cali bike and getting the Clarke was a good excuse to finally remove it. It helps the backfire problems. I think that Clarke should just offer the block off kit for a little extra when they sell the tank to a Cali customer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.