C.C.C / Pathfinders Fall Color Tour @ Kalkaska

29 replies to this topic
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted October 07, 2004 - 04:34 PM

Who is going this weekend? I am going to be there. Leaving Friday night.

My club the West Michigan Trail Riders is helping run the event. Doing sign-up, sound check, sweep, stuff like that. Should be a fun time. Better than staying around the house :cry:

I am going to try to get some riding in. But my son will be with me so I dont know how that will work out as I hear it is really sandy there and he HATES sand.

But maybe a night ride :cry: That may work. I may have to work on that one :cry:

So if you are gonna be there stop on by and say hi to the yzman and friends. We will most likely be hanging out near Joe Dougherty's Big RV. Look for the bigest campfire around. That should be us :cry:

• tctrailrider

Posted October 07, 2004 - 05:49 PM

If Junior doesn't like sand, the section between the M72 trail head and Starvation Lake Trail head is the firmest section on the loop. About 15 miles each way. Starvation Lake has a store, gas station and restaurant-bar. Used to run that section alot. We are heading to MSU Saturday to visit my daughter and catch the football game.
Dingmans Bar is a mile East of the M72 trail head. Old, dirty, nasty place that serves a great burger. :cry: A Kalkaska landmark. As far as sand goes, its Michigan, sand and whoops come with the deal. The sand at Kalkaska is mild and also has some very firm sections. Its gotten a bit wide but a good ride.

• sndmn2

Posted October 07, 2004 - 07:37 PM

Night ride ? :cry: I could still bowhunt with little dick and ride at night. Actually I was looking forward to this ride as I haven't riden at all in almost 3 weeks.

• cmore

Posted October 08, 2004 - 07:10 AM

The truck is packed, the trailer is hooked up, & the food is ready. plan on being at site around 4pm see ya all there. :cry:

• wolf_child

Posted October 08, 2004 - 12:32 PM

Holy CRAP!!!! I thought it was NEXt weekend....

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 08, 2004 - 01:48 PM

Holy CRAP!!!! I thought it was NEXt weekend....

like your quote says.... Life is what happens while you are making other plans .

Get it in gear and get moving son. Looks to be premo riding this weekend with the rain today. Hope to see ya there. I am outta here and heading north.

• Godzuki

Posted October 08, 2004 - 02:58 PM

im out damn it, my parents are in town from tennesse visiting, so next weekend will be when i can next go up im planning on the tommohawk ride provided there is a warm spot in joe's trailor for me hehe if its going to be warm enough then i can tent it. anyway's to go to the color tour id have to change out the insert and put in the 93db one anyway, and thats a pain in the but with my old stlye yosh can (that doesnt have the easy 3 scew center section, that comes off and you just slip in the new insert nooo oh nooo i had to get the one that dosent have this so its a pain in the but to remove the hole end cap, yea i know you would think that that isnt all that hard, and it wasnt removing it, but man i worked at it for hours putting it back on with the 96db insert so it stays that way until i can figure out if i can get a guy to build a yosh stlye end cap with the center insert changer) so ill blow out of the db require ment with a massive 96db's ear peircing noise. anyway ill hopefull see you guys next weekend. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• TallBoysWRF

Posted October 09, 2004 - 08:43 PM

If anyone sees this that didn't go, is the ride on Sat (today) or Sun? I didn't realize the ride was this weekend. If I can get my new shock spring installed in the morning maybe I will see someone out on the trail in the afternoon. I'm assuming it is based in the M72 trail head?

• wolf_child

Posted October 10, 2004 - 03:49 AM

both days. I couldnt make it. :cry:

here a link to the info, Tim. :cry:

Fall Color Tour

• TallBoysWRF

Posted October 10, 2004 - 08:47 AM

Cool, I'm putting my boots on right now to head out there and test my new spring :cry:. Hopefully I can ride the southern part and wont have to go up to the north part to be able to ride the trail.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 10, 2004 - 03:59 PM

im out damn it, my parents are in town from tennesse visiting, so next weekend will be when i can next go up im planning on the tommohawk ride provided there is a warm spot in joe's trailor for me hehe if its going to be warm enough then i can tent it. anyway's to go to the color tour id have to change out the insert and put in the 93db one anyway, and thats a pain in the but with my old stlye yosh can (that doesnt have the easy 3 scew center section, that comes off and you just slip in the new insert nooo oh nooo i had to get the one that dosent have this so its a pain in the but to remove the hole end cap, yea i know you would think that that isnt all that hard, and it wasnt removing it, but man i worked at it for hours putting it back on with the 96db insert so it stays that way until i can figure out if i can get a guy to build a yosh stlye end cap with the center insert changer) so ill blow out of the db require ment with a massive 96db's ear peircing noise. anyway ill hopefull see you guys next weekend. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Have you ever had that pipe sound tested? I worked sound test for 5 hours saturday and I ca tell ya that not many aftermarket exhasts pass 94db on the big 4 strokes.

The Promoto billet inserts are junk. Blew 94db iddeling (supposed to be tested at 1/2 max rpm).
FMF Q's are marginal. Most are over 96db. Mine snuck in at 94.5db
The older design Q's are way too loud. like 98-100db.

All KTM stock exhausts pass.
Husabergs pass with stock exhaust.
XR's pass of course.
YZ450's and crf450 are a major problem to get quiet. Not many passed on the 1st go around regardless of exhaust. About the only thing that will get a yz450 to pass is the wr exhaust.

I will get into more details on the ride latter. I ust got home and need a shower. I will say that we signed in 450 riders sat and a few dozen more in sunday. Just a huge turnout. It was a good time.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted October 10, 2004 - 04:18 PM

yzman, did you happen to see a guy ride by on a WR (with blue ty-davis YZ style tank) wearing blue jeans and a bunch of blue/white/black Fox riding gear? If so it was me. I cruised through the camp about 2pm or so.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 10, 2004 - 04:27 PM

yzman, did you happen to see a guy ride by on a WR (with blue ty-davis YZ style tank) wearing blue jeans and a bunch of blue/white/black Fox riding gear? If so it was me. I cruised through the camp about 2pm or so.

Ohh yea I saw you.... You and about 400 other riders :cry: There were so many people riding around that they all look alike after a while.

No I may have been out on the trail around then. Took my kid for a ride to wear him out / calm him down.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted October 11, 2004 - 08:35 AM

I wouldn't really expect you to rember a single rider, just thought I would ask just in case. Things were starting to die down when I rode through and alot of people were leaving (saw a truck from Iowa :cry:), so I thought I might ask just in the off cance you did. :cry: :cry:

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 11, 2004 - 09:08 AM

saw a truck from Iowa

Thats funny I talked to a guy from Iowa :cry: :cry:

Here are my pictures from the day. I didn't take too many. THe camera was an after thought. I thought about after I had a few too many :cry: so you will probably be able to figure out what most of them are about.

pictures

Click on the next at the top of the page for the rest of them. Should be 12 total.

• sndmn2

Posted October 11, 2004 - 10:15 AM

And to think I sat in a tree for two days and did"nt even see one deer. :cry:

• Godzuki

Posted October 11, 2004 - 12:08 PM

so did they alow people that were close to go anyway, or did you have to be right in the 94 db range. with the tech kit i got, they have a 93 db insert that is just rediculusly small outlet hehe less than the size of your average pinky small, this might work but i dont have the nice end cap that removes so i have to take off the hole damn end peice to do it, and it dosent like going back together :cry:, so ive left in the 96 db one, maybe ill have to pick up a wr pipe off ebay or something.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 11, 2004 - 03:00 PM

My buddy had his yz426 pass with the new style FMF Q. His Q was about 2-3 years old and hadn't been repacked in a while....Err ever that is. It was at about 95-95.5db Right on the edge of what they would let pass. If it was repacked it would probably be closer.

My Q is supposed to test at 92 db according to the mags but it came in at 94.5db. Probably would be beter with fresh packing.

The Promoto billets advertise that they pass 96 db. NOT more like 98-99.

If yours has a hole in it as small as you say then you may be ok.

It would be soo nice if the entire nation could get on board and settle on 1 sound limit instead of 94 for us and 96 for the rest of them. What do you think the pipe makers are gona make pipes for???? Yep thats right. 96 db. They leave us hanging. Yea the pipe makers say it hits 94db but not many do it.

Ya know I just had a thought. The sound test area was kinda removed from everything else. But still with that many people and bikes around you would think that would have an impact on the test wouldn't ya. I mean the meter was at like 67-70db just sittin on a chair with no bikes in the test area. :cry:

makes me wonder if it would test dif in a big open field with no one around and no wind. :cry:

• TallBoysWRF

Posted October 11, 2004 - 03:44 PM

Where were you parked at? Were you in the "front" row, the back, by what looked like the registration rig? Just curious to see if I rode by your camp. :cry:

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 11, 2004 - 03:51 PM

Where were you parked at? Were you in the "front" row, the back, by what looked like the registration rig? Just curious to see if I rode by your camp. :cry:

Did you se the sign "FOOD and FREE Coffie" I was right there.

Posted Image

See the black trailer with the door open? That is me.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Minnesota

Sat. 8-30 // 11Am // Braapaholics Anonymous // Minneapolis by NorthStarHooligan

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Minnesota

Sun. 8-10 // New Bikes, New Guys, And A Cat - A Supermoto Comeback // 11AM Ksu by NorthStarHooligan

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo
Michigan

Twisted MX - Milan, MI by J_YZ2fittyF

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Stuck WFO by DirtRider500R

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  53 replies
Forums
Photo
Wisconsin

Hare Scrambles in Wisconsin by conman58

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.