Cutting 03 450F Exhaust ?

3 replies to this topic
  • ktmr

Posted October 07, 2004 - 02:59 PM

I thought I saw that someone had cut their exhaust canister with good results. I did a search and could not find anything.

So, has anyone done a cut?
How much did you cut and did you get any performance results?
Did it make the sound too loud?

I am trying to buy a little time before I buy another exhaust system.

Thanx.

• saucebox

Posted October 07, 2004 - 10:32 PM

I cut my exhaust on my 04 450.. i didnt notice any performance or sound difference but it definately looks a lot better.. i cut 4 inches off.. probably coulda used another inch off it and it woulda really looked sharp but i'm happy with just 4. When i did it i read some posts on here about it and they said cut anywhere up to 5 inches off... some people said they really felt the power down low but i sure cant tell any difference... havent had it on a dyno to compare either tear it ups all i gotta say :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ktmr

Posted October 08, 2004 - 01:27 PM

Thanks, that is what I needed to know.

• NAFLASH

Posted October 08, 2004 - 02:28 PM

I cut about 3 inches off my stock exhaust and it didnt make a difference expept it was just a little louder.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.