streat legalizing?

4 replies to this topic
  • redhead1331

Posted May 19, 2002 - 04:34 PM

has anybody made their XR 600 streat legal? what did you have to do as of the DMB stuff and what were the requirements the bike had to meet?

• sibyib

Posted May 19, 2002 - 07:24 PM

Where are you from? There are web sites for your area that provide info on the Hiway traffic act. Where I'm from all I need to add to the bike (650R) is a mirror and DOT approved tires. So I went the other way and put off road plates on and the cops in my area leave us alone. The bike would look to stupid with a mirror. Let me know where your from and I'll help you find the web sites. Just the state will be fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sibyib

Posted May 19, 2002 - 07:49 PM

Try this site out.web page

• PismoRat

Posted May 20, 2002 - 11:39 AM

Baja Designs knows everything that has to be done to a bike to make it street legal. They even have performance parts. The kits they sell are resonible and work really well.

• MtnDoo

Posted May 22, 2002 - 05:06 PM

Here in Colorado..

DOT Approved Rear Tire
Functional Brake Light
Horn (Piezo from Mtn.Bike shop) audible from 200ft away
lisence plate
mirror on left side of handlebar
Proof of insurance

Then you sign an afidavit that you did all of that and you're off.

Hope this helps!

BTW..BajaDesigns stuff is VERY nice, but expensive, when you can do the basics for well under $50(less the tire).

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.