FMF Q ?

5 replies to this topic
  • utah_nate

Posted May 15, 2002 - 04:50 AM

Does anyone have any experience with FMF's new Powercore Q exhaust. My XR600 came with a Supertrap can that is WAY to loud. Are there any other good quiet canisters out there that I should look at?

Thanks.

• mr660

Posted May 15, 2002 - 12:44 PM

I have the power core IV and i like it a lot! Not near as loud as the White brother E-series and the Big Gun! It made a quite a difference over stock. Not much experience with any others.
Good luck!

• Ed_Buratti

Posted May 16, 2002 - 02:04 AM

I just put a Turbinecore 2 Q on my CR500, and WOW, what a difference. It's not KDX quiet, but it is WAY more quiet than the factory sound silencer that was on the bike. It's even more quiet than the stock silencer, and, here's the kicker, the bike has more power everywhere than the stock silencer and has a broader and smoother powerband than the factory sound silencer. I know it's not a thumper, but the technology works. We can have quiet AND performance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Turner

Posted May 17, 2002 - 02:28 PM

The power core IV is a good pipe, it's looks like my procircuit T-4, my friend has a CRF450 and runs the power core IV and likes it. :)

• Jim_Scheide

Posted May 18, 2002 - 06:16 AM

Nate, I'm running the FMF "Q" on my XR650L...it's great!! It's 92decibels, spark-arrested, and has this unbelievable harmonic THUMP at mid-range that sounds like a Huey landing right behind you!!!!!! It really improved the low end & mid-range on the bike with the stock header pipe still installed. No clearance issues at all, it's lightweight & looks great on the bike. You can drive the bike pretty quietly with this muffler when you need to.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted May 18, 2002 - 06:50 AM

I too had a Supertrapp on my 600 and thought it was way too loud. I could not see spending 300 on a new pipe though so I went a different direction. Using a stock pipe with the baffle removed, then adding the White Bros. Hot Tip. The claim is 6 hp gain with only 1.2 dB increase over stock. The power my bike makes now is much better, though it may not have as much top end. I ride tight, rocky, rutted, muddy trails and have found myself to be much faster with the new power curve. Low end is greatly increased as is the middle, and it only costs $55 at www.rockymountainmc.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.